1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
25mm Front and Rear drop

£204.35+VAT per set!

ETA October

These will be a little more compliant than the offerings in America, including the Eibach ones, they are making a European version at the moment!

The front is linear, and the rears are dual rate on this kit but
the rear will pretty much always be on the secondary rate. Its only when it
gets around 25mm into droop that it goes to the softer rate which is great for
traction on the unloaded wheel in hard cornering.

We can take back orders for these, and get them out as soon as they arrive.

We'll do free delivery to UK mainland as well to help soften the blow :)

Edited by: Rarerims

·
Registered
311 Posts
How does lowering the car affect handling?

ie with no other changes will the car understeer more or oversteer?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With correct alignment and no other changes it will have the effect of lowering the centre of gravity a little, and make the car a little stiffer.

The balance of the standard car should not be changed very much, you will just find the ride a little harder, and body roll slightly reduced, and of course you'll be lower to the ground :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
I don't think I could manage a harder ride... Roads round here are pretty rough and its a bit 'interesting' at times as it is...

But then, I would like to go down a little bit for the looks...

Is there anyone producing "effectively standard rate" lowering springs just to drop the ride height a bit but maintaining the suppleness of the ride...?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I am waiting on some STI springs

Small drop, 15mm, and I expect the ride will be pretty good.

Ask me in November.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Sideways? said:
Is there anyone producing "effectively standard rate" lowering springs just to drop the ride height a bit but maintaining the suppleness of the ride...?

It's not technically possible to do that with just a change of springs. Feel free to create a thread in the technical forums to discuss.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indeed, you would need to look at changing the dampers as well, but unless you head to ohlins or similar for something custom made to be comfy and lower, you will struggle not to sacrifice any comfort when lowering a car :(

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm still loving how much softer the suspension is compared to the Cup Chassis in the Clio I had yet still minimal roll due to the low ride. When I think about it now....the ride was proper solid but it was alright for me....maybe not to my passengers though
so I may still consider lowing the GT.

·
Registered
566 Posts
It depends on where you have come from. The ride seems very hard and jolty to me after my C class Merc. But of course much less body roll and better handling. Not at all sure I would want to make it harder though as I want to be able to use the car every day.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Keethos I'm with you on this one. The oem springs are fine, a little lower and a tad stiffer should be just right for me. Thats why i will go with pro kit and not the sport line.Edited by: a18ttc

·
Registered
887 Posts
gt_sjo said:
Sideways? said:

It's not technically possible to do that with just a change of springs. Feel free to create a thread in the technical forums to discuss.
In my opinion it is possible, you'd just be more likely to run into the bump stops. Anyway, I could probably put up with a weeny bit more stiffness but not too much!!

LFA, I'd be very interested what your car a) looks like and b) rides like once you get the springs changed... Assuming of course that the dampers are the same spec between GT86 and BRZ.........

·
Registered
74 Posts
I notice there's a Tein set that lowers approx 15mm. Just wondered how this compares to the Eibach in terms of quality, performance etc.
I realise one of the main differences would the Eibach being an extra 1/2 " lower but to an ignorant soul like me how do the brands (and sets) compare?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
TepidMarinara said:
I notice there's a Tein set that lowers approx 15mm. Just wondered how this compares to the Eibach in terms of quality, performance etc.
I realise one of the main differences would the Eibach being an extra 1/2 " lower but to an ignorant soul like me how do the brands (and sets) compare?
i think that's a question very few people can answer. you go for one or the other, not a lot of people swap these

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My personal and professional experience of Eibach is first rate.

My experience is TEIN is the opposite, especially their customer service - I wouldn't buy from them at all.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Ive used Bilstein/Eibach combination a few times, and never been less that satisfied.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cheers guys, good to get a little community opinion on things to help me get a perspective. As i've experience of one, but not t'other, I thought it best to test the water first.Mikael - I had a bilstein/eibach set up on my mx-5 and I was frequently heard to chuck out superlatives when describing how much of an improvement over standard they were. So it seems that they may be the way to go.
Rarerims, do you still have the Eibach in stock?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts