GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

There seems to be quite a few of us in the Cambridge/Bedford/Milton Keynes/Stevenage area.

How abouts a meet? I've seen and White one around St Neots once too?

Looking at Keelerads maps it looks like huntingdon/st neots/sandy is somewhere in the middle.

To get the ball rolling, how abtou some time in november?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Definitely fancy a meet up. I'm going to struggle in November though (busy every weekend), and December is always difficult with chrimbo parties although I don't have much in the diary yet. I wa thinking that Bedord Autodrome would be somewhere her the middle...
MK44 2YP

I know it's short notice(ish), but they have a novice event on mon 5th nov which is two weeks today. All their novice events are on a Monday. £105 for the PM which includes three hours on track, more than enough I reckon. And you can share the cost by bringing another driver for an extra tenner.

I'm really keen and think I'm going to book after checking with the Missus later tonight. Does this interest you??

Other than that, December for me, but got to book the work do and can't commit until I've done that or I'll have some cross staff! "Sorry guys only free night for Christmas party was clashing with my gt86 meet up...." Lol, think they're sick of me and my cars right now anyway..

·
Registered
204 Posts
jeez, I seriously don't know if my car will make noise regs any more!

Check the Takeda Momentum post in Mods...

My wife has pointed out, probably quite sensibly that it might make sense to get over 1,000 miles before spending the day thrashing it. Maybe save that for early in the new year! In the meantime, we'll have to meet, or maybe join with some folk from London (we're both around an hour away right?) sort of area. I'm away for the weekend this friday, otherwise I'd go for a drive with LFA and whoever is doing the Silverstone GP track day.. sounds fun, but scary for a track novice!

·
Registered
363 Posts
GT86Owner said:
Cool now we have 5!

Lets see if a few more spot this thread and we'll try to sort sometihng out

With plenty of people in Essex and Herts perhaps somewhere along the M11 would be better? St Neots is still 1hr 45mins for me.

It could be a "Northern Home Counties" meet.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Better make sure it's near Musketeer as he can't be bothered if it's too far

(400 mile round trip to Yorkie land made my 200 look local!)

Alec

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cambridge could be a good place. Its not too far from Milton Keynes and not too far from Essex. I know it well too. Lived there for nearly two years until I decided I can get more for my money a bit further out!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Cambridge sounds good to me. Been there a couple of times and watched Godzilla film there with a girlfriend when it came out. I also checked my sat/nav: Cambridge is on it.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'm up for a meet as well - I'm based in Ilford, Essex and will be away 8th-12th November in Cumbria. (This assumes my new car arrived end of this week..!) SpecK

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.