GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, anyone dropped their rear seats yet? If so, have you got the pulleys that you pull from inside the boot to drop the rear seats?

I've see loads of videos of the Scion FRS with these pulleys but can't remember seeing them in the GT-86, and when I tried dropping them this weekend, I couldn't find these pulleys and had to use the push buttons on top on the seats which meant dropping them from inside the car.

G

·
I've not looked hard, but I think you're not alone. I'm fairly confident the demo car I drove had them but without checking I don;t think my car has them. It's pishing down right now so won't be checking anytime soon.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I noticed this on a Scion video - I don't remember the Toyota sales man pulling on any strings to get the seats to come down from the rear. He definitely went into the car to lower the seats.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's a real shame, don't understand why it's not on all cars, as the only time you want to drop the rear seats is the increase the size of the boot which means you'd want to drop them from the boot.
ah well

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
dealer told me (couldn't show me, he didnt have the keys with him at the time) that there is no way to fold the backseat from the back, only from inside the car. reason being that the initial design of the GT86 was without a backseat so this was just added at the end without much thought for comfort or ease of use

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.