GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

So new car arrived yesterday.... haven't taken the smile off my face yes!

So i was wondering about the double lock function. Lets say the car is locked and i am with a passenger, if i walk up to the drivers door, touch the handle, the drivers side door unlocks but the passengers doesnt.

If they want up to their door before i have done anything but i am standing near the drivers door it still doesnt open.

So my question is how do you unlock the passenger door?

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
The only way is by pressing the unlock button on the keyfob, or by getting in the car and hitting the unlock button on on the drivers door panel.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
It states in the manual that if you double lock the car then there is no way to open it from the inside!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
ITGeekLondon said:
Hi Guys

So new car arrived yesterday.... haven't taken the smile off my face yes!

So i was wondering about the double lock function.  Lets say the car is locked and i am with a passenger, if i walk up to the drivers door, touch the handle, the drivers side door unlocks but the passengers doesnt.

If they want up to their door before i have done anything but i am standing near the drivers door it still doesnt open.

So my question is how do you unlock the passenger door?
You can reprogram it so when you open the drivers door the passengers unlocks as well, I did it as my Son was getting really miffed every time. Default is touch passenger side handle with keys on you both unlock, touch drivers side, only drivers unlocks.

Have a search on here as there is a thread about how to do the switch

Alec

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
This is it

link

If you want the drivers door handle to unlock both doors:
Use the drivers door handle to open the door
Leave the door open and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the fob for 5 seconds
You'll hear a couple of beeps
Voila - your drives handle now opens both doors.
This can be repeated to reverse if wanted!

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
ITGeekLondon said:
Not really sure what they mean by double lock!

Double lock is where you lock it by the button on the handle, and then lock it separately with the keyfob.

Single lock enables passengers in the vehicle to get out, double lock disables the interior handles.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Just to help people understand, it might be better to call 'double lock', 'dead lock'. Makes more sense.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
partially related question, as this works on the evo (and all lancers too):is there a way to open/close the windows with the remote key? on my car, doubleclicking and holding the lock-button would close all windows, doing the same with the unlock button opened the front windows

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replys so far! Changed it so the passenger door opens when i open the drivers door and im pleased it worked!

Is there a way of setting it so the doors auto lock when you start driving?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.