GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Probably a stupid question but for £80 I want to be sure - the double din stereo fitting kits that are available for when replacing the head unit state from 2012 onwards. I have the face lifted model with touch 2 - will the fitting kit still work on this?
Just wanted to make sure that there isn’t a different kit for cars fitted with touch 2 as standard.

Looking to purchase this kit here (unless anyone has any other suggestions):Toyota GT 86 2012 Onwards Car Stereo Double Din Fascia Steering Antenna Fitting Kit

Many thanks for any help

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think the high cost is down to the kit including a steering wheel control adapter. These tend to be expensive items sadly. In terms of pre/post face-lift, it's the only real difference for this project 👍

However....

I agree with Bankz, that particular style of Fascia isn't a great fit. There is another style on the market which bolts to the head unit. Much more stable!

I can't find the exact one I remember seeing, it may of been a generic item for Toyotas in general?
I did find this... It doesn't look to come with the metal brackets but I'm assuming this is what Bankz meant they did with their install?? If so, you should be ok to do the same and save a few quid in the process.

I've just spotted thse as well. It's about the same price as the 'normal' adapter for the factory AUX and USB ports, so worth considering as a backup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts