GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK..

Got one slightly weird thing with the new car. when I'm driving along with audio playing, I occasionally get a faint 'beep beep' through the speakers.

I thought it might be the bluetooth system detecting an active phone nearby (i.e. in the car ahead or behind) but I got it when I had bluetooth switched off.

I thought it might be the satnav warning me I was about to go over the speed limit (*cough*) but it doesn't seem to be that either.

I'm wondering if it could be the system that tells you its the right revs to change gear but it doesn't seem to match up with that either. Or the rev limiter system, which I didn't think I have switched on.

Anyone else getting this? Any idea what it is?

·
Registered
566 Posts
The problem is if your map data is out of date those are warnings of where the cameras were 18 months ago
Like the Nissan Connect on my Mrs' car!

·
Registered
566 Posts
My hire car today (my UK bought tom tom) thought it was in Slough for the first ten minutes driving out of Brussels....

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
lordgrover said:
When you exceed the speed limit, a nice lady tells you. If you enable it, anyway.
that's the kind of noise generator i want in my car. a woman screaming and the faster you go, the louder she screams with swearwords when you go over the speed limit

·
Registered
108 Posts
OK.

So this sounds silly, but i cant find how to disable these beeps!? I think its 1 of 2 things.

Either when coming near to a speed camera, or when going above the speed limit of the road i am on (not that i ever do that of course!)

Can someone tell me how to disable these?!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.