GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
A7MTR said:
I was told that only 85 have been released/registered by my dealer. Toyota are keeping one back ? Don't know how true that is.

Toyota are probably keeping No1. I have No5.

My local dealer said all Giallos had now been sold. Maybe those mentioned above are secondhand?

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
....or dealer demos. That's what my dealer told me. That they had been allocated to the dealers (85 cars, 234 dealers), although that doesn't fit with SamCarpenter getting an unregistered one (see above). Maybe we'll never know.....

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The GT86 Giallos never belonged to the dealers. They were kept by Toyota and distributed, one per dealer. They were never used as demos, just shown in the showrooms. Any dealer with a client and no car could phone a dealer with a Giallo and get it sent to them.

According to the Toyota 'system' my dealer had the last unsold one in the country, and they've sold it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Number 2 was the Toyota car with the green bonnet, one of the liveried cars. Number 1 is around and is now in Brighton with a high mileage. My car number 62 was a demo car and I bought it when 9 months old with 8400 miles. Most of the Giallos came up for sale around that time and quite a few WERE demo cars, god knows why!! I believe that three cars are no longer around, at least one was written of around 2018!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts