GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Dose anyone else have direnza wheel spacers? The local tyre garage has striped the treads on one of my studs with a windy gun.I am hoping someone may know if a standard wheel hub stud from Toyota will fit to replace it. I have had no reply from direnza.
Thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sadly too many tyre fitting bays are staffed by Muppets. When I got 4 new tyres on my 86, I used a mobile tyre fitter at my home and removed and refitted the wheels myself. Just something you might want to consider in future......

Sorry can't help with your actual query.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all,
Dose anyone else have direnza wheel spacers? The local tyre garage has striped the treads on one of my studs with a windy gun.I am hoping someone may know if a standard wheel hub stud from Toyota will fit to replace it. I have had no reply from direnza.
Thank you.
So as far as I can tell you can buy a pair of these wheelspacers for £75 on Ebay. Seems a perfectly reasonable solution to me that the garage just gives you £75 to buy a new set. It's most likely their lack of professionalism that has created this problem, so why should it be you that has to solve it ?

They've damaged your wheelspacer, they buy you a new one.

If you are later able to repair your existing spacer, then flog the pair you don't need for £40 on here and consider it compensation for your tyre bay's incompetence 😃

1 - 3 of 3 Posts