GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know how i can stop my Touch and Go Screen dimming when the lights turn on (when set to auto).

Sometimes the lights come on when its dark, but not that dark, and this makes the screen on the touch and go impossible to see!

G

·
Okay Mr Old Hat on Forums
- I've answered your questions, I've uploaded and made available a manual and posted photographs to make my point clear. What exactly were you expecting?

I'll look forward to not answering your next question.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well generally, help with the question i asked, rather than someone posting some lovely pictures, and a manual, both of which have absolutely no relevance to the question i have asked?

Does changing this setting to Auto stop the screen dimming? No...

Do you even understand what that Auto setting Does? Or what the question was that I asked?

Does the manual mention anything about Voice Dialling... no? So is the manual of any use when asking if there is any voice dialling functions.... no?

Don't get me wrong. I appreciated the help, and the fact you took some time out to upload a picture and the manual, but just felt that your tone was a little harsh! At least that's how i read it!

Sorry if my reply sounded arsey, but i took offence to your reply... Maybe i shouldn't have done!

Rant over, and last thing i wanna do is argue! So I apologise if I have come across badly! Not my intention!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
lordgrover said:
My mistake... this must be scotch mist then.

Also that screen is only for the SatNav version, those of us with the base model suffer the same screen dimming and we don't have that setup screen

I've just been out and tried altering the instrument light brightness settings, this dims and brightens everything (including the clock air con etc) but not the touch screen

Alec

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
ITGeekLondon said:
Does the manual mention anything about Voice Dialling... no? So is the manual of any use when asking if there is any voice dialling functions.... no?

Errrr I beg to differ, if somebody has made the manual available to you and you've bothered to read it, or maybe as a minimum checked the index and it says nothing about voice dialing then that is your question answered, surely?

You've posted a lot of questions today, most of which indicate a lack of ability to use the search facility, which coming from an ITGeek i find slightly amusing.

Failing that you could always try switching it off and on

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad i can amuse buddy!

I had the manuals my self, it didn't mention anything about voice dialling, so i thought id ask the question!

Jeez, inst that what Forums are for!?

I may well ask questions that have been asked before, but i guess being new to the forum it was also about building report and getting to know people!

Nice to see such a happy bunch here at the GT 86 Owners club!

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
ITGeekLondon- Don't be dismayed, perhaps the moons aren't aligning today, or something :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Itgeek, dont mind them, theyre usually jolly fellas, must be the moonfase setting in...:)

From experience, that setting u are asking for is set with a wire and a relay, so when the light switch goes to light on, the radio gets a plus, and knows to switch to dim mode. Unless Toyota built it in, to be able to ignore that input, you wont be able to having it NOT dim, less u cut the wire in the back, which ofc then will remove the function completely. Thats how its done on after market radios, and cant see why Toyota would do it otherwise... :)

Hope that helped

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.