GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, now that I've found out what detailing is, I have a question.
I ordered my car with Supaguard not knowing anything better.There seems to a be a little division over whether it's worth it or not. Given that I wouldn't know how to do a first protective session like Senna, nor do I have the indoor dry and clean facilites to do it, Is Supaguard a reasonable option? what do I do to keep it tip top, and what would be my best action once it starts to fade and be less shinyshiny?
I can see the appeal of the effort you guys put in, and I would love the return you get but space, time and effort are limited as is attention to detail

I think what I'm asking is have I made a fair choice, and what is an entry level approach to keeping the car beautiful? maybe I'll improve my attnetion to deatil, certainly my Aalfa's taught me to spot paint defects, now I may learn how to prevent and rectify them!

·
Registered
469 Posts
At the very basic, I'd make sure you wash the car fairly regularly (every week or two) to keep the worst of the dirt and mud etc. off it. Make sure you use a mitt (not a sponge) and ideally two buckets with a grit guard in one. The Supaguard threads on these forums caused much discussion but it will offer protection for a while, just not likely the quoted three years that Toyota claim.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Your supaguard most likely wasn't applied correctly, and as such will last 4-5 months tops. Wash weekly as Angel said, perhaps invest in a foam lance for your pressure washer. Buy yourself a clay bar, a pre-was cleanser/polish and some sealent. That is all you will need. General sealents will last around 3 months even when washing regularly. So it isn't something that needs to be applied every wash..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.