GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GT86 is not due for another month and most of yours are due at least another week to a month or two.

What is the dealer showing/telling you the current location status of the car is?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Speedymurr said:
My GT86 is not due for another month and most of yours are due at least another week to a month or two.

What is the dealer showing/telling you the current location status of the car is?
I was told last week that it's due on 16 August although seeing is believing. I'm too long in the tooth now to believe what dealers say. It'll come when it comes not worried where it is right now. God I sound old!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealer has said "at sea".
What's your dealer said the delivery location on the Toyota system is?Edited by: Speedymurr

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Speedymurr said:
My dealer has said "at sea".
What's your dealer said the delivery location on the Toyota system is?
To be honest, I haven't asked that question. Maybe I should be more on the ball. When I was at GT86 launch last week one of thesaleswoman said a ship was due to arrive imminently suggesting my car was on it, but who knows?

I've got to speak to dealer as I need to drop in my registration retention certificate in as i'm off on hols soon and hoping to get car two days after I get back. I'm still expecting them to say "Unfortunately there has been a delay........."

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
There were 3 PCC's into the UK this week. But they could have all sorts of cars on them. I really think our dealers will be as suprised when they turn up as we are

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi All, I can't of course say when everyones cars are going to be here all i can tell is when our ones are going to be. We have had one arrive and has been delivered, the other two are both due in on the same date. The ETA is showing 6th - 8th aug and the current status is showing at 'SEA' Now your guess is as good as mine where abouts on sea that is but there not normally to far away on dates when they say at sea. Keeping fingers crossed that nothing happends to the boat!!!

Hope this helps if i can be of assistance to anyone let me know.

Regards

Steve

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Well I still don't know when I'm getting mine (Early August Silver manual cloth) but my Celica T-Sport trade in is going into the dealer tomorrow as I'm away on holiday on Sunday.

Will it be there waiting for me when I come back in 2 weeks time?

Getting very close now

Alec

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,867 Posts
Just had an update fro mmy dealer today. My car is in "build mode" which means it being fitted out with my red leather/sat nav ect ect...... the next step is "at sea" apparently.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dealer rang me today for an update. Car is showing due 1 Oct. it will ship out middle of August to arrive in uk at end of sept. boats from japan are every 10 days and fit out in uk needs 1 week. Boat takes 6 -8 weeks depending on stop overs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gt86owner all factory options are fitted at port once your car arrives so your looking at a week once the ship docks till your dealer gets it then it's got to be pdi'd and any dealer extras fitted so another couple of days. Mine's due to arrive at the dealer on friday and it won't be ready till wednesday.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dealer told me he'd need three full days once he gets it. God knows what he's going to do with it for that length of time! There's no dealer options being fitted apart from the towbar.Edited by: Speedymurr

·
Registered
619 Posts
Speedymurr is a special case.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts