GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys & gals, After reading a lot on this forum with regards to what custom options you have when setting up the GT86 for the first time, ie door locking/keyless entry etc, I am going to get my demonstrator plugged in this afternoon on our machine and get a list of what can and cannot be adjusted so will post it here later!

The reason for this is so everyone can know what options they can have set up and also because my car doesnt seem to have the gear shift indicator arrows and suggested gear which one I delivered yesterday did have, not sure if anyone else has this or not but we are going to look into it. When I say gear shift indicator I mean on a manual gearbox, when reverse is engaged on the ODO display it says R in a square box then also indicates what gear you should be in 1st,2nd etc, never seen this before until I delivered one yesterday with it - so will see whats available!!

Edited by: Paulbeckham11

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
The owner can configure the gear shift indicator using the buttons to the right of the instrument cluster. Vehicle has to be stationary though to get those settings.

Keen to learn what other features there are available via the cable though!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Paulbeckham11 said:
I am going to get my demonstrator plugged in this afternoon on our machine and get a list of what can and cannot be adjusted so will post it here later!
Excellent suggestion, that would be very useful.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gt_sjo said:
The owner can configure the gear shift indicator using the buttons to the right of the instrument cluster. Vehicle has to be stationary though to get those settings.

Keen to learn what other features there are available via the cable though!

I think you are talking about the Rev Limit light and beeper, which is different - please correct me if your not though

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I'm talking about the gear indicator. I enabled it on mine.

It comes up as 'g-on' or 'g-off' when you go through the options.
Edited by: gt_sjo

·
Registered
977 Posts
The shift lamp, rev counter sweep at startup and the shift indicator are all options when stationary. Just scroll through the options with the three buttons on the dash.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gt_sjo said:
I'm talking about the gear indicator. I enabled it on mine.

It comes up as 'g-on' or 'g-off' when you go through the options.
I have found it - you have to have the car completely switched off - cant have the engine running or even on ACC - needs to be turned off completely then you get the G-ON/G-OFF option - excellent, thank you,we are still learning with these cars

Will let you know the options available this afternoon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
en8wall said:
Martin F said:
Paulbeckham11 said:
Will let you know the options available this afternoon.

Shock horror

A Toyota dealer over promising and under-delivering !

Priceless.

Thanks
Due to an Auris Hybrid being towed in with a tank full of diesel I did not get to steal half an hour from our workshop yesterday - but rest assured I will get it plugged in ASAP and give you guys a list!! Bare with me

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FRODO said:
malcolmgt86 said:
Thumbs up to the dealers who do bother to register on here and offer help and advice though
Here, here

I myself drive the GT86 Demonstrator and am very passionate about this car, we do not get told everything about the cars so we learn as we go too, also a lot is lost in translation shall we say when it comes from TMC to TE then to TGB. I am here to help as much as we can also to answer any questions thatI can, if I do not know the answer and will try andfind out - this is a very important car for us and here at WKB and Toyota we want to make sure everyone gets the customer service they require.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right People, adjustable options once plugged in are as follows -

Door locking - which doors/boot unlock when button pressed/keyless handle pulled

Car locking when clutch pedal pressed

Follow me home headlights delay time

Automatic Headlightssensitivity

A/C blower temperature for footwell when on LO

Thats it!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.