GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would take the time to post a thread about dealer experiences so forum users can find friendly dealers and avoid dodgy ones...!

I ordered my car through Snows Toyota in Southampton and they have been great!!
Took me through all the options and even took the time to show me the recently (way back when I ordered my car...) released press release photos and other information on the Toyota internet so I could see as many photos as possible and make an informed decision about what options I wanted.

Also there was no hard sell on options to bump the price up, they just presented the information and let me make my mind up!

As well as tickets to the moving motor show a Goodwood so I could get up close and personal with the show cars they have been keeping me updated with the progress of the delivery and if I had been in a position to I could have got an early test drive when their demonstrator turned up too - but I am mega busy at the moment so I will wait until this Friday when I have time to go for a spin...

Anyone else like to post their experiences? good or bad we can help each other out!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi Simon, Thanks for your kind comments I'm glad that you found your experience an enjoyable one! Thats pretty much standard here!

Looking forward to Friday i'm sure we will have some fun out on the roads
If I hear anything else I'll mail you over.

Regards

Steve

Snows Toyota Southampton

·
Registered
193 Posts
RMB Toyota Teesside.

Not bad, but not great. Had to chase them constantly to get anything from them. Car is at the RRP with no mark up but I havnt had the chance to discuss dealer options and any discounts yet. They have sorted me a courtesy car out though as the delivery date is a month later than promised. So every cloud and all that. Basically, I wouldnt rush back to buy a car from them but I wouldnt refuse to buy a car from them if you catch my drift. I'll give them a 7/10 thus far but still time to improve on that.

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,867 Posts
jonnykool said:
RMB Toyota Teesside.

Not bad, but not great. Had to chase them constantly to get anything from them. Car is at the RRP with no mark up but I havnt had the chance to discuss dealer options and any discounts yet. They have sorted me a courtesy car out though as the delivery date is a month later than promised. So every cloud and all that. Basically, I wouldnt rush back to buy a car from them but I wouldnt refuse to buy a car from them if you catch my drift. I'll give them a 7/10 thus far but still time to improve on that.
Steven Eagell Toyota ^^ not bad but not great. Constantly chasing....

·
Registered
363 Posts
I ordered mine from Lancaster Toyota in Colchester. My experience was OK to be honest despite a hard sell on the GAP insurance and care products (I went for none of them).

My knowledge of the GT86 was better than the salesman but as an enthusiast that is possibly to be expected.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Got mine in Enfield as they were by far the nearest and I'd had a bad experience with next nearest dealer when I had a Yaris. Actually buying the car was to be honest a pain. I got the deal I wanted but it wasn't a pleasureable experience and took far too long.They didn't sell me the car, I bought it because I wanted it and I therefore didn't care for the experience.Since then the dealer has been OK and also invited me to launch event where I knew more than the saleman.
Once I've got the car I'll pick and choose where I take it for servicing dependent on who does best price.

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
619 Posts
Steven Eagell Watford - I called these guys after Toyota Bracknell never called me back.

Spoke to Pio who wasnt really excited about the car as it wasnt his thing but remained professional throughout and gave me an unbiased view. Had regular email contact even a message after he had been to Donnigton and his input helped me choose my colour.

There was no hard sell and i even managed to get the discount i wanted with them agreeing to cover the cost of my Valet Guy to detail the car.

I managed to test drive the car when he was away and again the other sales guys were just as nice.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Garry from Listers Coventry has been pretty good, sorted us out with a Rav 4 and when I showed interest towards the GT-86 coming out he said that he would contact me as soon as it came in. Sadly he didn't call me straight away (obviously he could have been too busy to) but I ended up popping in anyways and while I was looking over the car, another sales guys came chatting to me (while Garry was busy with other customers), this guy offered me a test drive in a couple of hours time which I couldn't make so I asked for one the next day which he agreed and got my details put through the computer. Turned up the next day and turns out the sales guys I spoke to didn't turn up for work, Garry wasn't in that day either and no one else would help me because I was now this sales guy's customer which I was not please about.

Couple of days later rang Garry and spoke to him about the Rav 4 and about how this sales guy stood me up, he apologies' and said not to worry about that salesman, he'll sort me out, which he did, went out for a test drive with him, offered me a pretty good deal with some discount. Since we test drove an Auto and that I had ordered a manual, toassure me he says that he'll get a manual in for me (this Friday) and when they get their demo manual (august sometime), I could borrow that for half day. He's kept me up to date with things and generally a pretty good and enthusiastic salesman.

Edited by: Keethos

·
Registered
278 Posts
It is all about CUSTOMER SERVICE and some dealerships / salesmen can forget this key fact.
It is so easy these days as a customer simply to walk out the door and go to another dealer, if your not treated reasonably, made comfortable or if your customer needs have been met.

I know I previously have asked a dealer's salesman what he could do which is differentfrom A.N. Other dealer and he just looked blankly at me and stated all dealers would offer the same. When I said fine thanks I'll look elsewhere also then, he simply said it was my choice (which obviously it was, but he needed to guide my choice his way, which he didn't!!!). In that case like the GT86 no discount was on the table, but neither was a free keyring!

In the end I went to another dealer who bent over backwards for me. Guess what? I bought a car at this dealer, AND returned for after sales support, servicing, etc. The first dealer ended up losing both a sale and all after sales work from myself. All because the salesman could demonstrate good customer service.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for the input guys! seems like there are some dealers out there who aren't as excited about the car as others...!
Keep it up, I'm sure there are more people with good / bad experiences to share!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts