GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Quick question - how do they work on your cars? Always on, even in auto mode or only when parking lights or dipped beams are on?

Mine only works when parking lights or dipped beams are on which doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very. I've asked my local dealer about it but they are completely clueless and got very defensive when I wouldn't believe their story that the LED lights are actually parking lights and not DRL.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
sav.za said:
Very. I've asked my local dealer about it but they are completely clueless and got very defensive when I wouldn't believe their story that the LED lights are actually parking lights and not DRL.
depends on which lights you refer to as the "DRL's". maybe what you think are the DRL's ARE in fact the parking lights.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
ob1kxb said:
sav.za said:
depends on which lights you refer to as the "DRL's". maybe what you think are the DRL's ARE in fact the parking lights.
Simple to check as the running lights are the LED ones along front head light unit.......eye brow

G

·
I'd guess they're set according to National/regional regulations. There are many nations in Europe that require DRLs by law so I guess it's simpler to make a one size fits all for the whole region. As UK is in Europe most new cars here now sport DRL.I'm guessing the cars destined for South Africa have to abide by no such regulations. If I'm right, you can probably get them programmed to come on as DRL.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, that does make sense. A lot of cars coming into SA do have DRL and they seem to be set to "always on" but it is not required by law.

I've actually just received my OBD2 cable so I'll see if I can find something before taking it to a dealer again.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I've hooked up the OBD cable and Techstream 7.2 which I believe is the latest version - no luck. You can customize the auto headlight sensitivity and a host of other features but no settings for DRL. You can see when they're on and off in the live data view, they're called "Lights 1" or something like that.

I'll play some more over the weekend but I'm sure it would have been in the lights settings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.