GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know what Toyota are charging for the DAB installation? I thought the car had it as standard only realising when I picked it up today that the brochure says DAB ready not that it has a DAB radio!

Bit gutted about that as I was looking forward to planet rock!

Also, I seem to have an issue with having to steer slightly right when I want to go straight! Going to take in to Toyota asap but could this be due to my car having the red steering wheel which means they had to swap out the black one? or should it be checked on the PDI anyway?

You tend to notice it more at motorway speeds so maybe the it wasn't noticed for that reason.

G

·
Has anyone had the DAB option fitted to Touch & Go?I've asked my dealer and I'm told it's not available; should I press them?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I use TuneIn radio. Zillions of stations, but not Planet Rock, IIRC.<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

Obviates the need for another FRED & stick-on aeriels don't work round these parts.

·
Registered
787 Posts
MarshallToyota said:
Hi, I have been made aware that Toyota will be making the DAB available soon, but if you can not wait the part number you will require is PZ473-T0210-A0 (£213.34 +vat) fitting time is .30.

hope this helps
Any idea what it involves? Is it a small piggyback unit or something like that?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Meant to say, if you let go the wheel, the car should track true, even if the wheel's a spline off.<div id="LCS_336D0C35_8A85_403a_B9D2_65C292C39087_communicationDiv">

It's most likely alignment and I imagine rear toe in particular will be critical to the car's handling.

They're sometimes pissed by the time you take delivery and alignment ought really be checked annually.

·
Registered
223 Posts
MarshallToyota said:
Hi, I have been made aware that Toyota will be making the DAB available soon, but if you can not wait the part number you will require is PZ473-T0210-A0 (£213.34 +vat) fitting time is .30.

hope this helps

Thanks - miss 6 Music!!

G

·
CPN said:
MarshallToyota said:

hope this helps
Toyota Platinum say that part is not approved for the GT86.
It may be the case that it will be approved but they won't sanction it currently.

·
Registered
739 Posts
lordgrover said:
CPN said:
MarshallToyota said:

hope this helps
Toyota Platinum say that part is not approved for the GT86.
It may be the case that it will be approved but they won't sanction it currently.
had confirmation from TGB today that that part is now approved for the 86 and has been released to the dealer network.

·
Registered
739 Posts
AyeJimLad said:
Just heard from my local Inchcape, that part isn't listed for order yet - they're going to contact TGB or me and let me know the status - sounds on here though that'll be rolled out soon.
I'm getting mine fitted next Friday....

It took some arranging (talking to TGB for a couple of weeks) and yesterday I was told by TGB that they will update the dealer network computer system....so is imminent, I'd imagine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
AyeJimLad said:
Just heard from my local Inchcape, that part isn't listed for order yet - they're going to contact TGB or me and let me know the status - sounds on here though that'll be rolled out soon.

I had the same issue last friday at Mansfield Ron Brooks, went in asking about it and they didnt know much about it saying it wasnt available and the parts manager couldnt understand why not as the HUs are compatible

Twigman said:
I'm getting mine fitted next Friday....

It took some arranging (talking to TGB for a couple of weeks) and yesterday I was told by TGB that they will update the dealer network computer system....so is imminent, I'd imagine.
Twigman, do you mind telling us how much it is costing to get it fitted?

I think it should be free as the sales brochure is unclear about it and then there are no optional extras or further info for it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.