GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings 86ers, picking up my Black Panther tomorrow, just a week after ordering! No sleep tonight I reckon;-)

Been running around for the last 4 years in an RX8, which I replaced with a Mazda 3 MPS a few of months ago and after testing the GT last weekend, I decided that the MPS just had to make way. Will make a bit of a loss on it, but WTH, it's only money after all!

Anyway, you all seem a nice bunch, so looking forward to some happy miles down the road, both here and in my 86. Can't wait!

Cheers,

Nig

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, there it was all shiny black on the forecourt waiting for me - gor-juss:) Then it took another hour and a half before I could drive it away. Silly sods had lost the spare key! It appears they sold another one yesterday (silver) and think that they have my key, as the only other one they had was not for mine. Still, at least they had one, so now my panther is sitting on the drive, woo-hoo:)

So, the kerfuffle with the key, meant that they had more time to try and flog me GAP insurance, and initially they said it would be 500 squid, but I told them that I had got far better quotes than that, so they knocked it down to 200! That sounded a lot more reasonable, so I took them up on it. ISTM, they just pluck these numbers out of the air, so if you get offered it, haggle like mad.

Anyway, 975 miles to go.......

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Nig said:
So, the kerfuffle with the key, meant that they had more time to try and flog me GAP insurance, and initially they said it would be 500 squid, but I told them that I had got far better quotes than that, so they knocked it down to 200! That sounded a lot more reasonable, so I took them up on it. ISTM, they just pluck these numbers out of the air, so if you get offered it, haggle like mad.

I'd love to know how they can justify over a 50% discount when you question their price, are they just trying it on?

Glad you managed to collect today, Enjoy!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Martin F said:
Nig said:

I'd love to know how they can justify over a 50% discount when you question their price, are they just trying it on?

Glad you managed to collect today, Enjoy!
I imagine they have massive commision on gap insurance/supagard and all they other extras they try and flog so can give huge discounts... there will always be some people who will cough up 500 quid which is money for old rope for the dealerships/ salesmen....

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Nig said:
So, there it was all shiny black on the forecourt waiting for me - gor-juss:) Then it took another hour and a half before I could drive it away. Silly sods had lost the spare key! It appears they sold another one yesterday (silver) and think that they have my key, as the only other one they had was not for mine. Still, at least they had one, so now my panther is sitting on the drive, woo-hoo:)
Should have bought a BMW, then a local chav could make you a spare

Alec

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
spanytom said:
I imagine they have massive commision on gap insurance/supagard and all they other extras they try and flog so can give huge discounts... there will always be some people who will cough up 500 quid which is money for old rope for the dealerships/ salesmen....
Yeah, you're not wrong there, a bit like the extended warranties you get at places like Curries.

Got my key, BTW. Thanx for checking:)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
little button on the side

Alec

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.