GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week i got an email from me salesman saying he would call my on the monday to discuss arrangements for picking my GT86 up on the tuesday...

Monday comes, no phone call so I call him to tell him i can't pick the car up because nobody is allowed to. To which point he had to get the manager who decided not to tell any of his sales team... nice.

He called me and said sorry you cant pick it up, telling me what i had already knew basically and said they will know weds when i can pick it up and he would call me. He was about to hang up and i just about managed to mention that i now dont have car...

So Tuesday comes, i pop down there to get my loan car, drive off reletively happy, told i would be called today with regards to whats happening.

Weds comes... no phone call, I haven't phoned them today. But i'm not very happy... even if there hasn't been any developments.. would a phone call really hurt where they said they would ring so say they still don't know yet?

Anyone had similar issues? I'm considering putting in a complaint higher up, done it a few weeks ago and got a call that evening.

Edited by: rob275

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I find this often the case when you ask sales people to do customer service. The two roles usually require two different kinds of people.

No offence to the good sales people out there, but you are the minority!

Edited by: gt_sjo

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gt_sjo said:
I find this often the case when you ask sales people to do customer service. The two roles usually require two different kinds of people.

No offence to the good sales people out there, but you are the minority!

But he is forgetting I haven't paid for the car yet, i'll happily walk away from the sale and go somewhere else if they cant stick to what they say. And i will take my deposit back aswell for wasting my damn time.

G

·
Your experience is similar to mine. Quite the worst purchase experience I've had the misfortune to suffer.
Salesmen, car salesmen in particular have a pretty low reputation anyway, but I really can't believe how cluelessly, slow-witted, uncaring and generally sh*t Toyota dealers are.
w**kers. Edited by: lordgrover

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pretty much the same story with me Rob, althoughI'mbased in the south of France. Dealership is non-responsiveto phone calls and it takes 48 hours to answer emails. No information at all has been volunteered since I placed the order over 2 months ago. Thanks to this Forum I've kept on top of all the various issues so Ill be well armed on the 31st when (I'm due to) collect the car. Overall I'm left with the impression that they have been kind enough to permit to buy one oftheirprecious cars.
..elsewherein the forum mention has been made of a post purchasecustomersurvey, theresultsof which form the basis for thesalesmenbonus.Probablythe onlyopportunityfor revenge
.William.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's frankly not on... When I purchased my ford, the salesman called me every week after i had brought it for about two months just to check everything was ok with the car and if I had any issues.

I didn't even ask for them calls, but I got them!

·
Registered
202 Posts
So far so good with mine, they keep ringing me and giving me updates. I emailed them a ton of information from the sites. They listened to what I said about the US ecu fix. It might have been my dealer that got on to toyota as two days later they ring me saying there's an ecu update, then I posted it on here lol. Any other brand they probably would've ignored anything based on US forums.

Maybe it's just London but on the whole my past experience buying cars has been terrible, they always seem to employ the most cocky people they can get.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I think Subaru dealers are a bit more hungry and there has been good feedback on service levels.

Can't fault mine.

Look at any manufacturer's / dealer's reward approach and I expect you will find clues about why they are poor on service.

Edited by: ICantAffordAnLFA

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
rob275 said:
But i'm not very happy... even if there hasn't been any developments.. would a phone call really hurt where they said they would ring so say they still don't know yet?

I definitely agree with this statement and it's one of the things that really annoyed me about the debacle about trying to get my Sat Nav update. I shouldn't need to tell people that work in customer service that if you've told somebody you will call them that it's better to call them with no news or bad news than not to call them at all, they should just instinctively know it !

·
Registered
392 Posts
I must say I've had nothing but great service from my dealer, in fact, he's been chasing my GT and apparently my remap has been done, car is now with transport and my delivery date has now been brought slightly forward to this Tuesday

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ljcarr said:
I must say I've had nothing but great service from my dealer, in fact, he's been chasing my GT and apparently my remap has been done, car is now with transport and my delivery date has now been brought slightly forward to this Tuesday

Well my faith has been restoredcalled me just now to say toyota have mapped my car andI can pick it up tomorrow or he will drive it to me. (Provided the ban to register them is lifted)

Told me not to mention it as dealership cars aren't meant to be done today.

Happy bunny!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.