GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a custom exhaust fitted yesterday. First attempt was pretty much straight through which sounded a tad rough, very loud and very boomy in the cabin.Took it back and added a centre box which is better but I'm still not sure it's right for me. Maybe a little too loud and an annoying harmonic/resonance between 2-3,000 RPM. I'll give it a few hundred miles to bed in before I make a final decision.

On a tunnel run this afternoon so will have an opportunity to test it out in someexaltedcompany: click.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea mate. The whole system was put together by local zorst genius to my spec.
Bedding in nicely. Beginning to like it now. A lot.

·
Registered
308 Posts
lordgrover said:
Had a custom exhaust fitted yesterday. First attempt was pretty much straight through which sounded a tad rough, very loud and very boomy in the cabin.Took it back and added a centre box which is better but I'm still not sure it's right for me. Maybe a little too loud and an annoying harmonic/resonance between 2-3,000 RPM. I'll give it a few hundred miles to bed in before I make a final decision.

On a tunnel run this afternoon so will have an opportunity to test it out in someexaltedcompany: click.
its a stunning looking zorst,that friend could do a bit of buisness on here!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
en8wall said:
lordgrover 
Can you post a video so we can hear it?
I'll try to get something recorded next week. Every mile is sounding better as the wadding expands and it cokes up a little more.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
lordgrover said:
and an annoying harmonic/resonance between 2-3,000 RPM. I'll give it a few hundred miles to bed in before I make a final decision.

should spend its life at a minimum of 4500 rpm anyway

like the pipe; what is the flow like?

i am expecting to see 'lord' etched on top of the left pipe and 'grover' on the right

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2.1/2" - I don't have any stats but it 'feels' a little more 'pokey'.
As you can see, it's pretty much straight so bigger bore and fewer bends means flow should be up, but we all know it's not as simple as that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.