GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a few more obscure videos regarding the 86 and thought I would share.

In the first one, the 86 is so good even Keiichi and Toda San speak english to ge there message accross!

[TUBE]k6AVXABVdyM[/TUBE]

And some impressions of the base spec and an auto gt after. The auto does look a little bit more boring from the inside. No subs I'm affraid.

[TUBE]mg09CIDCTe4[/TUBE]

Edited by: Pablo

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BRZ VS 86 VS MX5 0-400
[TUBE]JpPrKrkXqXM&feature=player_embedded[/TUBE]

And Track Battle
[TUBE]Rk3vGY7-og8&feature=player_embedded[/TUBE]

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The battle video was good. Bit disappointing it took the BRZ/GT86 so long to get past MX5, I still think it could be worth waiting for a supercharged version. I've read that the 86 is slightly softer sprung than the BRZ and the oversteering 86 seems to confirm this.
Did you notice the engine warning light coming on in BRZ/GT86 when they overrevved? Not the round light but the engine one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[TUBE]G7z4QaPbyp4&feature=player_embedded#![/TUBE]

[TUBE]u9yp3DPhgng&feature=player_embedded[/TUBE]

[TUBE]0mEQrSLrTd4&feature=player_embedded[/TUBE]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
en8wall said:
Did you notice the engine warning light coming on in BRZ/GT86 when they overrevved? Not the round light but the engine one.
I didn't see it come on on the 86, but on the BRZ it did. Think its the VSC and the BRZ driver didn't turn it off. It could well be that the system still detects sliding with it turned off but still indicates is is detecting it with the light? Who knows.....yet

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couple of teasers

[TUBE]RjZqBzSGHIA&feature=player_embedded[/TUBE]

[TUBE]csWi_OPIKvI&feature=player_embedded[/TUBE]

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I did a 0-99KM/h test on the Track Battle Video..... I get a botu 6.2Seconds.. It confirms that the 7.6Sec 0-100KM/h is 1) conservative and 2) high due the 3rd gear shift needed

I was very impressed at how rapid the car was from 100KM/h-200KM/h seemed to pull very strongly to 175KM/h in 4th.

The car was quite a bit quicker than the MX5 if you look at lap times but I think they were trynig not to damage any of the cars! They werent driving aggressivly.

In alot of cars when they detect slip the light comes on regardless of wether VSC is on or off.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Also a 1/4 mile time of 14.3 is quicker than a Ford Focus ST (14.8) , Civic Type R (15.1), Golf GTI (14.8), VW SCirocco GT (15.0) ... I know this car is not abotu Speed but people that are worries but 0-100KM/h of 7.6sec should bare this in mind!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes fair point, but to be devil advocate here the 0-400 track isn't a purposebuilt track and it does not appear to be that flat. I'm also expecting them to be using 102 ron Japanese fuel vs our 99 ron.

I've seen quite a few quarter miles and that time is by far the quickest.

If it can go up the Santa Pod strip on the original tyres in under 15 seconds I will be happy :)

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
That is an interesting point regarding the dynos, quarter miles and 0-60 test in the US because their top premium fuel is typically AKI91 (RON95) but I would highly doubt that RON102 would give noticable power difference compared to RON99. I know that on Civic Type Rs RON 95 vs RON 97 gives about 5% power difference. But RON 97vs99v102 I would think its closer to a 1-2%. I cant find the document now, but I read a comparison somewhere. Either way the 5% power difference would bring the 15sec quarter mile down to mid 14s

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And a another rather boring video of a uneventful wet test drive in Japan in an auto. Although it confirms something silly I have beenhopingfor, at least on the JDM version. At 2:23 the sales person operates the wipers with the left stalk, shortly followed buy the test driver indicating with the right!!

[TUBE]0HEn08hiy88&feature=related[/TUBE]

Hopefully UK cars will be the same. I know its a rather silly difference, but I much prefer this arrangement. Having owned 6 Japanese cars 5 of them had the stalks this way round, one didn't and it was the car that I gelled with least (and the newest so my assumption was Japanese were moving away from this). My personal preference for safe and speedy driving is having the ability to change gear with one hand while indicating with the other hand that is still on the wheel. Much more useful than operating your wipers while changing gear

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I've currently got a 2006 Hyundai Coupe that has the indicators on the right stalk, which I agree is useful when changing gear. i know from looking at the veloster recently that this set up is being done away with now by manufacturers for the indicators to be on the left, like you mention with your recent Jap car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad its not just me then

I appear to have developed some kind of OCD with regards to seeking out and watching 86 videos

[TUBE]LfBcatuettQ[/TUBE]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a few more

You can spot the key, a snazzy 86 key ring and the frame less rear view mirror amongst other things in the first one at 5:23.
[TUBE]WmXyl1GsZnY&feature=relmfu[/TUBE]

[TUBE]nnIQlvX2ukg&feature=related[/TUBE]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts