Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchasing an Aero Spoiler and I have found one for sale that is attached to the boot lid.

Do you think I could fit this into the back of the GT86 with the seats down, providing It's put into the back through the passenger door?

I believe it will fit, but my friends don't think it will and I can't find the dimensions of the Spoiler/Boot Lid to verify.

Would love to hear your opinions on this, thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
GT86, 2012, Satin White
101 Posts
Roughly measure the width of the car brake lights? Should give you a length, height shouldn't matter when laid flat?

Edit: You buying the boot lid too sorry? If you are buying both assembled to each other I highly doubt that would fit on just the back seats/boot. Probably looking at taking the passenger seat out or disassembling the two parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if this helps but I've had a standard boot lid and a rear bumper all in the car at the same time, the standard boot lid had no spoiler but I was a able turn it sideways and have it half in the boot and half on the folded rear seats allowing room for the rear bumper next to it. Obviously you wont be able to do it that way, but I cant see why you wouldn't be able to postion the boot lid on its face on the rear seat with the spoiler sticking into the boot. So space isn't going to be an issue, what is going to be an issue will be getting it into the rear of the car in the first place as it was quite the pain getting the boot lid without a spoiler attached in to the car let alone with the aero wing attached.

note I didn't remove any of the seats to fit both in but slipped the boot lid behind the seat then laid the seat flat to place the bumper where the passenger would sit.
unfortunately I don't have a photo of the boot lid in the car but I do of just the bumper. Hope any of this helps!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

1 - 4 of 4 Posts