GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1221 - 1231 of 1231 Posts

·
Administrator
5,771 Posts
Toyota are badgering me to do the valve spring recall. Any new Cossy owner had it done?
Currently looks like it's RRG Macc or Yeomans Eastbourne. If the latter, pop in for a cuppa..... That being said, I've yet to enquire about mine and something tells me that we've not actually had it confirmed these have restarted and this is just an annual chaser from the 1st letter.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Toyota are badgering me to do the valve spring recall. Any new Cossy owner had it done?
See my "celebrating six years" thread, Ade.

John Rutter is the Master Tech who did the work at Yeomans Eastbourne. I would recommend him to anyone, particularly as he has his special bracket which means no dismantling of the Cosworth unit.

If you want to have it done there, mention that you are following my recommendation and request John (with his bracket) to do the work.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,223 ·
Yes I know youve had it done Keith, was wondering if there were any more lurkers about.

Regarding Belt size 2315 or 2310 with smaller pulley. ive been using the 2315 for the last 5 years without issue.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Yes I know youve had it done Keith, was wondering if there were any more lurkers about.

Regarding Belt size 2315 or 2310 with smaller pulley. ive been using the 2315 for the last 5 years without issue.
Understand the relevance of the word " new" now, Ade! :surprise:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all.. A new excited Fa20 Stage 2 onwer from italy. I mount everithing some weeks ago, i am usinig it but is still a work in progress.
I have also a full HKS cat exhaust (i am just waiting the overpipe) and i am interested in a small pulley as well..
I have some question, maybe you already wrote in this thread but due to my bad english i didnt find it.

With 63mm pulley did i need to open the block? I think not but just for confirm.
How to change the pulley? is it a 5 minutes job or i have to open everithing? how can i block the compressor to untight and tight the pulley nuts?
how mutch is the nut torque? Do i need a locktite or similar?

did somebody put a oil press sensor? i have the OEM oil water exchanger and on the hole in the main rail i think there is not room enought due to the compressor.
did somebody put a temp sensor on the IC water system?

Thanks
Giulio

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,226 ·
Hi sorry ive only just seen this. I have had the smaller pulley fitted for 3 years now (or maybe 2 I forget) and havent had an issue yet.

Changing it is fairly easy if you know what you are doing, remove belt, remove old pulley and fit new one.

I have an oil pressure sensor on a sensor plate below the oil filter. Its a defi gauge fitting into the drivers side vent.

The water already has a temp sensor you can access via the ODB.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everybody,
I have a BRZ fitted with the Cosworth stage 1.1 & I'm looking desperately for a Cosworth supercharger. to upgrade my car.
Anybody has an idea or know where I can find one?
Cosworth themself has no more in stock & I send already several messages all around reseller in France, Poland, Germany, Uk, & Switzerland with no positive feedback.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
It's pretty much an end of production product now, coordsport/part-box were the main Cosworth distributor for the product and they claim to have a LHD one maybe in stock/not in stock but their new website is a bit hit and miss with stock and availability. Cosworth did have enough parts to build more kits and just needed to place an order on the provider of the main supercharger part but I can't imagine that happening without a firm order from a distributor to buy the completed packages to sell on.

If I could find one at a good price I'm still open to upgrading from 1.3 to 2.3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's pretty much an end of production product now, coordsport/part-box were the main Cosworth distributor for the product and they claim to have a LHD one maybe in stock/not in stock but their new website is a bit hit and miss with stock and availability. Cosworth did have enough parts to build more kits and just needed to place an order on the provider of the main supercharger part but I can't imagine that happening without a firm order from a distributor to buy the completed packages to sell on.

If I could find one at a good price I'm still open to upgrading from 1.3 to 2.3.
I already wrote a mail to part-box, but I didn't get an answer yet.
I also had a chat with Cosworth who also confirmed that they have enough spare parts in stock, except the charger to build more kits.
Hope that way will do it. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I already wrote a mail to part-box, but I didn't get an answer yet.
I also had a chat with Cosworth who also confirmed that they have enough spare parts in stock, except the charger to build more kits.
Hope that way will do it. :)
Instead waiting for an answer, I called Coordsport who confirmed that no more Kits are in stock. Last was sold in Novembre 2019 in UK & 2017 in Germany.:cry:

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
They do come up occasionally having been removed from cars before sale. You might be lucky if you keep an eye on for sale threads on forums, facebook etc. Good luck!

Reactions: chillycock
1221 - 1231 of 1231 Posts