GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1201 - 1220 of 1255 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I think the brake position input was generated from the G sensor as there's no brake pressure sensor or pedal position sensor

and yes the small pulley should give another 20 bhp and the torque comes in a bit quicker
Matt - will it also give the same returns on a fully stock exhaust and manifold? And does it need a retune?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
on a fully stock exhaust then you won't get the full 20 Bhp more like 15bhp

and there's usually no need to re-tune it as I left headroom in the stock tune to cope with more boost
Thank you Matt. Which means the car will produce 275 ish at flywheel and still be in safe limits aka no risk of rod/engine damage as a daily driver?

·
Administrator
5,796 Posts
I think the brake position input was generated from the G sensor as there's no brake pressure sensor or pedal position sensor
Didn't think brake position was possible? or is it just not available from the obd port?
I have "Brake Pressure" on EcuTek (so via OBD) and it works when stationary....

·
Registered
38 Posts
From the cossie install manual, there is no recommendation of a clutch upgrade but tyre upgrade. So my gut feel says its tyre slip not clutch. So presumably you still have OE Michelin Primacy which might be the culprit View attachment 4129

The manual may say that, but the slipping clutch disagrees mate... The clutch is slipping and it's 100% not tyre slip. Especially in the dry on the M6 :D

I take it you've not installed yours yet? You'll soon know if the clutch is up the job when it's running mate. Mine held up fine for a couple of weeks, then the slip began

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If there is anyone still looking for a supercharger and still evaluating options, just go for Cosworth, if you can find it around. The amount of testing that's gone into this kit is phenomenal and even now the service that you get from [MENTION=1075][email protected][/MENTION] is absolutely amazing. He gave me 5 tunes refining it as we went along, to my specific needs answering all the questions. This is what I call exceptional customer service and I have high standards coming from that background.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I have had exactly the same experience from Cosworth. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for Matt, and I have always had a prompt response to any question. I don't think you can put a value on the peace of mind this gives.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi all,

So my setup is near enough complete and I'm really pleased with the result and echo others comments regarding the level of support from Matt. It would be unfair not to mention Ade too!!

I'm losing traction quite a lot, particularly around gear changes (even 3rd to 4th!) with the light flashing at me. With 8'5 wheels on PS4s and dry road this is surprising.

I have smaller pulley so likely to be over 300hp.

Is this to be expected or is my clutch slipping perhaps and causing issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,214 ·
Clutch slip is pretty easy to spot the engine will rev out of sync with the wheels but like a slushbox.

So has anyone else had their cossies in for the recall yet?

P.s. just passed MOT with my stock cat manifold. That's 4 years and my stock cat is going strong.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Ade So has anyone else had their cossies in for the recall yet? .[/QUOTE said:
As per my posts on 19/20th Feb, all is going well. I listen very carefully for noises/hiccups etc, but the engine pulls well, settles well etc. Even in the real hot weather, although the oil temp got higher than normal after sitting in traffic, it came back down quickly to around 90 degrees. Everything else about the engine remained as normal. Water temp was maybe slightly up but then no airflow to the engine. This was probably the toughest test on the engine so far, as the air temp was in the thirties. Once free of town traffic, I was able to put my foot down to detect any effects from the exceptional heat, and performance was as per usual.

Having had the work done just before lockdown, mileage is low but trips are many. 600 miles done, biggest single trip 70 miles. It's not much in 5 months, but the car runs beautifully and I will continue to monitor things until a suitable (whatever that is) mileage has been completed. Very happy so far.

Reactions: BRZ and spikyone

·
Registered
693 Posts
....Even in the real hot weather, although the oil temp got higher than normal after sitting in traffic, it came back down quickly to around 90 degrees. Everything else about the engine remained as normal...
Bit of a tangent but out on interest, how close was the oil to 90c? My engine (NA) sits around 97c once warmed up. On long motorway runs it hits arround 102c.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Bit of a tangent but out on interest, how close was the oil to 90c? My engine (NA) sits around 97c once warmed up. On long motorway runs it hits arround 102c.
Often runs at 89 c. Been up to 100c on a couple of occasions only. Both water and oil temps are lower since the charger was fitted.

Oil is 5w30 rather than 0w20.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all,

So my setup is near enough complete and I'm really pleased with the result and echo others comments regarding the level of support from Matt. It would be unfair not to mention Ade too!!

I'm losing traction quite a lot, particularly around gear changes (even 3rd to 4th!) with the light flashing at me. With 8'5 wheels on PS4s and dry road this is surprising.

I have smaller pulley so likely to be over 300hp.

Is this to be expected or is my clutch slipping perhaps and causing issues?

Thanks
Take it on the motorway/a dual carriageway and do a pull in 4th, your wheels more than likely won't be spinning at that pace. Mine was slipping badly without the smaller pulley mate

1201 - 1220 of 1255 Posts