GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1231 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Many thanks to Super Moderator Growlerkat, who had in her possession a Cosworth exhaust/supercharger sales brochure for the FA20. She has kindly given it to me!! And now I will share it with you in case you do not have it.

Pages 1-5

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Pages 6-10

Reactions: BRZ

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is yours mapped aggressively and has a free flow exhaust etc? How much power does it make on the dyno? 260 with stock exhaust stock pulley , 280 with stock pulley catback is how its rated. 300 with smaller pulley + catback . Fensport seem to advise a clutch for cosworth irrespective of configuration.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Same boat as me, my BRZ is a 17 plate with approx 30k on the clock and in 5th/6th I do get slip at motorway speeds

Stock everything aside from the charger.

I've been stuck abroad for the last 3 months... However, retail therapy has lead to a pile of parts being sat at home awaiting fitment...

·
Registered
955 Posts
Same boat as me, my BRZ is a 17 plate with approx 30k on the clock and in 5th/6th I do get slip at motorway speeds

Stock everything aside from the charger.

I've been stuck abroad for the last 3 months... However, retail therapy has lead to a pile of parts being sat at home awaiting fitment...
From the cossie install manual, there is no recommendation of a clutch upgrade but tyre upgrade. So my gut feel says its tyre slip not clutch. So presumably you still have OE Michelin Primacy which might be the culprit 20200503_184123.jpg

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,186 ·
I mean I wish it had enough power to slip in 6th at motorway speed (or do I? hes say gritting his teeth), but it wont be tyre slip even in the wet with primacies. Thick snow maybe though!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah it never really materialised as a product
we just had the prototype on the dev car and it worked just fine
as it logged all the OBD data and paired with video footage so it was a good track tool

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yeah it never really materialised as a product
we just had the prototype on the dev car and it worked just fine
as it logged all the OBD data and paired with video footage so it was a good track tool
I'm in the process of trying to develop something like this but it's still in the early stages. There isn't any demo footage kicking around is there?

·
Registered
457 Posts
How did it get the brake position & steering angle?

I guess same question for the gear but that can be calculated easily enough from speed + revs.

I started a project to merge in data from the obd port and overlay it on video footage. I wanted to have it sync the 2 automatically without having to rely on clocks being in sync. Did think of having a flashing led and have it in the data and use that to sync the 2 but never got round to a proof of concept...

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Thanks for the ride Matt. Very enjoyable!

·
Registered
67 Posts
From the cossie install manual, there is no recommendation of a clutch upgrade but tyre upgrade. So my gut feel says its tyre slip not clutch. So presumably you still have OE Michelin Primacy which might be the culprit View attachment 4129

In low gears it is really easy for the engine to spin the wheels. The gearbox is doing all of the work in reducing the load.

In higher gears there is far more load on the clutch as the engine is in direct drive or overdrive to the prop shaft. Hence the tendency for clutch slip, especially with increased torque.

Not everyone has this issue. As I say, it was probably a tired pressure plate.

As for tire slip. I am running 235/45/18s now and with the small pulley I find it wants to break loose when you floor it in third. Drop to second coming out of a 30 and you will find the back of the car wants to overtake you 😛

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
In low gears it is really easy for the engine to spin the wheels. The gearbox is doing all of the work in reducing the load.

As for tire slip. I am running 235/45/18s now and with the small pulley I find it wants to break loose when you floor it in third. Drop to second coming out of a 30 and you will find the back of the car wants to overtake you 😛
I am running 225/40/18s. It does not misbehave when I floor it in third at the moment, so I will be on the lookout for something similar if I fit the smaller pulley in due course. The pulley change must be offering a noticeable performance difference then. :smile:

Reactions: BRZ
1181 - 1200 of 1231 Posts