GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Or has anybody who's changed to custom alloys want to sell 4 of us a spare each ?

Alec

·
Registered
119 Posts
keelerad said:
Or has anybody who's changed to custom alloys want to sell 4 of us a spare each ?

Alec
I could be interested in getting a spare standard wheel if the price was realistic.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Nick Graves said:
Get it refurbed for winter.

These are my current favourites in the perfect fitment:

Me too; very light too

Bit pricey

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Come on, tell us... What happened ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
en8wall said:
tonyplym said:
keelerad said:

Alec
I could be interested in getting a spare standard wheel if the price was realistic.

The believe a full size spare wont sit under your carpet in the boot.
Was thinking more along the lines of having a spare tucked away in the garage in case one on the car gets damaged - pothole or similar.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
couldn't leave them on the car ( because the'd get taken ) so they'd just be for trackdays.

not sure I can justify it

but they are 15lbs which is soo light

·
Registered
655 Posts
Depends what you want to do, really. Tracks are less bumpy than roads, so one one hand unsprung mass is less important.

OTOH, you could go for the 7.5" version for track days and enjoy the reduced rotational mass as a benefit...

I was thinking about winter tyres as justification for getting a set & swapping tyres over later...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
R32 GTR said:
dont tell me you've kerbed it already?
Humm you my well think that but I couldn't possibly say......

Okay I'll come clean.....

Kurbed about 1/8 of the edge, but only very lightly, not broken into the black powder coating but removed the clear coat and cut up the machine alloy edge.

After around 1.5 hours of:- Mouse sander 180, 1500, 2000 grit wet and dry, and three coats of clear coat, its 95% un-noticeable, only difference being I've lost the Diamond machine line effect in that area, but that's nowt compared to the recovery I've made.

Would be nice to have a spare..... still no one knows how much from Toyota then ????

S2D

·
Registered
123 Posts
S2Digger said:
R32 GTR said:

Kurbed about 1/8 of the edge, but only very lightly, not broken into the black powder coating but removed the clear coat and cut up the machine alloy edge.

After around 1.5 hours of:- Mouse sander 180, 1500, 2000 grit wet and dry, and three coats of clear coat, its 95% un-noticeable, only difference being I've lost the Diamond machine line effect in that area, but that's nowt compared to the recovery I've made.

Would be nice to have a spare..... still no one knows how much from Toyota then ????

S2D

Thats a bit modest I would say that unless you get on your hands and knees to look that close its virtually undetectable now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DoogleDog said:
S2Digger said:
R32 GTR said:

S2D

Thats a bit modest I would say that unless you get on your hands and knees to look that close its virtually undetectable now
Funny that I'm not normally known for my modesty, I must be sicking for something....ROFL

S2D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.