GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am thinking of getting blue edition with performance pack and parking sensors and nav.

Any ideas what figure should I be looking at for cash payment .

Cost as per totoyta site comes to 31k

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got price to 26700,

Wondering if that can be reduced further.

Also am I correct in thinking first year tax is paid by dealer as the cost is 1240 for this car for the first year .

·
Registered
943 Posts
You are getting a really good deal atm for a limited edition model. Tax etc depends on if dealer had added to his quote as you need to check the breakdown. But principally you are right, the dealer pays DVLA not you for year 1.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yaz2010 said:
Thanks . Just trying to see if it can be brought down to 25isssh

When I bought my car a few years back, I got quotes through brokers and printed them out, took them into the dealer and said I'd buy from them if they price-matched. The quotes you'll get through a broker come from other Toyota dealerships, so are a good indication of what discount is available.

You may find that the Blue isn't on the broker sites yet, but they may have the orange (the previous limited edition), which was a similar price as far as I remember.

My gut feeling is that the price you're being offered is pretty competitive, but the broker quotes are no-obligation so make your dealer wait while you check it. It's worth trying a few brokers - Carwow, Drivethedeal, and Broadspeed are the first three that spring to mind.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked broadsheet and they seem to be quite pricey as compared to carwow .
Turns out the 26.7k price is without performance pack. Waiting for dealer to provide revised numbers

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
First year tax is paid by the dealer which is why the prices of the cars has gone up. I'd be looking at quotes of £27.2k including the extras as I was getting quotes of £26.2k for orange edition.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Best price I am getting is 28600.

Shocked with delivery date , one said jan 2019 and other said March 2019.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Delivery date doesn't surprise me.

I ordered a Celica via one of these price saving brokers. Unless it's already coming from stock in production (which given the small run will be unlikely) it is basically treated as a one off order on the production line which can take in excess of 20weeks.

Guess what they screwed up my order and I actually ending up waiting 9months. Still the extra waiting meant I had saved practically all the money needed to purchase it lol

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
The WLTP I believe is on production cars manufactured after Sept 2018. Although the legislation came in Sept 2017 wonder if you can order just before and get a car made without a Particulate filter. It must restrict performance even further on our cars.

Interestingly VW appear to have scraped the GTi (without the performance pack) as it now doesn't meet the new regs and many are dropping manuals in favour of the small MPG gain with DSG. According to VW website only the Up, Toureg and T-Roc meet it at the present time so not long left. It must be a nightmare to find a work around/cheat with particulate filters and fuel maps. :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Assuming that's the issue, I would expect they've allocated all the pre-WLTP build slots already and have started filling the WLTP-compliant build slots - and I would not be surprised by delivery dates in January/February. They might have pioneered Just In Time manufacturing but that's cutting it pretty fine for compliance...

If you wanted a pre-WLTP car it might mean just taking whatever spec Toyota have in stock in the UK; they may not have too many lying around other than ex-demo cars.

·
Registered
733 Posts
If I had to guess I'd think its to do with 2018 WLTP regs, but either way it will look fantastic in that colour! Can't wait to see your first pictures and thoughts about the car :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts