GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody still suffering from this problem ? took my car in last Monday and the dealer had no problems in changing the lights as it was full of condensation at the top of the lamps -but less than 1 week on its the same again !! they took photos again this morning to send to tech services but what is the answer ? hope this is'nt going to be a weekly event for 5 years ?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Keep checking mine, so far no problem

Alec

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
PumaUK7 said:
Anyone had any further thoughts on this - I noticed after washing mine the other day, the rear lights had quite a bit of condensation in...
Sure it wasn't a reflection of exterior water against the chrome inside?

·
Registered
202 Posts
If it happens to me I'm going to take a picture of it, email it to the garage and tell them I want to get it done at the 10k service or is this unwise?

·
Registered
482 Posts
had a little today not alot about 50p size in one rear light .. parked in sun most of day then parked later in shade and a little formed just looked again 20 mins later gone now

·
Registered
887 Posts
since all of them seem to do it to one extent or another surely the best thing to do is keep the originals until they either a) start corroding or b) your warranty is about to run out...Then you get the benefit of no hassle now and new lenses when required...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Got a little bit of moisture build up. Surely its a 5 year warranty, they'll replace the light cluster at the first service under said warranty. Same thing happened with my vx220 and they were replaced.
Edited by: GT86

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I noticed a bit of condensation in offside tail light this afternoon. Will tell dealer tomorrow when I take car in for them to "record" the chirping noise for Technical at Toyota GB, yes you read that right.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Oh I forgot one other thing the dealer told me yesterday - apparently
they are expecting a notice about condensation in rear cluster soon.
I guess they release notices about forthcoming notices for some reason...

Apologies if I missed it mentioned here already.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.