GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Let's use this thread to keep track of the common faults people are suffering from and how quickly they are resolved.

Just reply to this thread with what kind of fault you have and i'll update this first post with the details. Make sure you reply back to let us know when the issue was resolved though!

#1 - Lumpy Idle / Cutting Out + CEL</font>
(Acknowledged by Toyota/Subaru - Fix is to replace/re-flash ECU)

Name Start Date Reported Resolved Date Resolved</font>

</font>
1. Nomuken 08/10/12 Yes 23/10/12 Yes
2.Brooke09 tbc Yes tbc No</font>
3.yups 08/10/12 Yes tbc No
4.jimgreen83</font> tbc Yes tbc No
5.Rayzor</font> 23/09/12 Yes tbc No
6. malcolmgt86 20/10/12 Yes 30/10/12 Yes
7. lukester 23/10/12 Yes tbc No

</font>

#2 - Loud High-Pressure Fuel Pump (Cricket noise)</font>
(Acknowledged by Toyota/Subaru - Fix is to replace HPFP)

<b style="font-family: 'Courier New', Courier, mono; ">Name[/b] <b style="font-family: 'Courier New', Courier, mono; ">Start Date[/b] <b style="font-family: 'Courier New', Courier, mono; ">Reported[/b] <b style="font-family: 'Courier New', Courier, mono; ">Resolved Date Resolved[/b]

</font>
1. gt_sjo 25/09/12 Yes tbc tbc</font>
2.GT86Owner 14/09/12 No tbc tbc

3.Keethos 08/10/12 No tbc tbc

</font>

</font>

</font>
#3 - Rear light cluster condensation</font>
(tbc)

<b style="font-family: 'Courier New', Courier, mono; ">Name[/b] <b style="font-family: 'Courier New', Courier, mono; ">Start Date[/b] <b style="font-family: 'Courier New', Courier, mono; ">Reported[/b] <b style="font-family: 'Courier New', Courier, mono; ">Resolved Date Resolved[/b]

</font>
1. Angel C 22</font></font></font>/09/12 No tbc tbc</font>
2. Sideways? 06/08/12 No tbc tbc

Any other common issues, let me know and i'll add them to the list!

</font>

</font>

Edited by: gt_sjo

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm 90% certain i'm suffering from #2... Toyota are taking a look at the weekend.

Oh, and i've noticed condensation in the rear lights, but not quite sure if that's a problem or not really.
Edited by: PumaUK7

·
Registered
469 Posts
#3 - Rear light cluster condensation</font>(tbc)

</font>
1. Angel C 22</font></font></font>/09/12</font> </font>No TBC </font></font> TBC</font>
2. Someone else</font>

Noticed condensation the first weekend I had the car but intend to keep an eye on it over the coming weeks. Not sure why but the formatting of this post was giving lots of problems..?

Exactly how do you put a tab in a post using this forum (I had to copy and paste by finding one).

</font></font>
</font>

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have condensation in my rear lights, I've not reported it because I have a 5-year warranty and will see how it goes over that time...

#3 - Rear light cluster condensation</font><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">

</font>
1. Angel C 22</font></font></font>/09/12</font> </font>No TBC </font></font> TBC</font>
2. Sideways? 06/08/12 No TBC TBC</font>

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Updated first post.

Guys - you dont have to try and format your reply, just say what kind of issue you had and the date and i'll update the post accordingly, however I appreciate you trying to make my life easier

·
Registered
787 Posts
<b style="font-size: large; line-height: 25px; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">#3 - Rear light cluster condensation[/b]

Definitely have a rear light cluster condensation problem here with mine. Wife saw it first in the nearside rear cluster on week Saturday last (29/9 - day after we picked it up - it was raining heavily). I noticed similar in the offside tail unit the next day and reported it to the dealer the same day as I rang about the NAV unit update (Mon 1/10).

Arranged to go in on the Wednesday (3rd) for the tech to have a look at the clusters. His opinion was that I was mistaking reflection of moisture from under the edge "lip" of the cluster for internal condensation... I don't buy it. We are particularly keen on this as we had an MR2 (one of The Final 100 limited edition ones - TF057) back in April 2007 that suffered exactly the same problem and ended up having the whole light clusters replaced - this was anacknowledgedissue (then) by Toyota GB.

It's still under review by myself and the dealer (because of course it has dried out now... sigh...). My assertion is that if there is any moisture getting into a sealed unit, then it simply isn't sealed properly! It's not rocket science really...

Edited by: CPN

·
Registered
103 Posts
@gt_sjo - from the CEL discussion thread - please add then delete this post. Ta.

2) Manual mileage 450m; Only BP Ultimate. Kept under 4krpm. check engine
light solid plus skid light plus rough idle. With dealer 08.10.2012. Brooke09

3) 1200miles CEL + Rough Idle. In dealer awaiting modified parts, yups

4) CEL - in dealers 10/10 jimgreen83

·
Registered
8 Posts
#1 - Lumpy Idle / Cutting Out + CEL

(Acknowledged by Toyota/Subaru - Fix is to replace/re-flash ECU)

Name Start Date Reported Resolved Date Resolved

1. Nomuken 08/10/12 Yes tbcNo

2. BluGT86 01/10/12 Yes (10/10/12)tbcNo

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
<table ="tableBorder" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" align="center"><t><tr><td rowspan="3" ="msgOddTableSide" valign="top">
</td>
<td ="msgOddTableTop" style="height:15px;" valign="top">

Post Options
<div id="postMenu1" ="dropDownMenu">

Thanks(0)
<div id="postThanksMsg1" ="dropDownMenu">

Topic: Common Faults Register
Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 9:47am</td>
</tr>
<tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="height:200px;min-height:200px;">
<td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">

Hi all

Let's use this thread to keep track of the common faults people are suffering from and how quickly they are resolved.

Just
reply to this thread with what kind of fault you have and i'll update
this first post with the details. Make sure you reply back to let us
know when the issue was resolved though!
#2 - Loud High-Pressure Fuel Pump (Cricket noise)
</font>(Acknowledged by Toyota/Subaru - Fix is to replace HPFP)

</font>
1. gt_sjo 25/09/12 No tbc tbc</font>
2. Someone else
3. GT86Owner 14/09/12 No tbc tbc</font>

</td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GT86Owner - thanks updated first post.

I've also updated my noisy pump issue as my dealer took at look at it on Friday (12/10/12), acknowledged the pump was noisy, accepted my print-outs of the North America TSB's for the issue, but unfortunately they had no record of a TSB on the UK system. They said they would raise an issue with Toyota UK and get back to me.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Can you describe the chirp a bit more?

When do you usually hear it ?

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Senna said:
Can you describe the chirp a bit more?

When do you usually hear it ?
After the engine has been running for at least 30minutes. It sounds a bit like a loose belt chirping. Alot of people thoguh it was to do with the belt tensioner on the ft86 club initially.

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
103 Posts
brooke09 said:
@gt_sjo - from the CEL discussion thread - please add then delete this post. Ta.

2) Manual mileage 450m; Only BP Ultimate. Kept under 4krpm. check engine
light solid plus skid light plus rough idle. With dealer 08.10.2012. Brooke09

3) 1200miles CEL + Rough Idle. In dealer awaiting modified parts, yups

4) CEL - in dealers 10/10 jimgreen83
Can you update post #1 with these please @gt_sjo - also good to let toyota/others know the scale of this issue
@jimgreen83 @yups if you could add any further info

·
Registered
103 Posts
gt_sjo said:
GT86Owner - thanks updated first post.

I've also updated my noisy pump issue as my dealer took at look at it on Friday (12/10/12), acknowledged the pump was noisy, accepted my print-outs of the North America TSB's for the issue, but unfortunately they had no record of a TSB on the UK system. They said they would raise an issue with Toyota UK and get back to me.
Seems a similar story to CEL - no knowledge of a KI this side of the pond at all.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">Chirping for me too:
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">
</font>
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">4. Keethos 08/10/12 No tbc tbc</font>

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.