GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the thoughts of members as regards allowing BRZ owners to participate in this Club?
I think that this is turning out to be a very good Forum which is much more active than any UK Subaru equivalent at the moment, and if I,for example, were to opt for a BRZ, I would be sad if I were to be
'banished' from the Club!
On the other hand, I appreciate that the name IS Toyota GT86 Owners Club, and many might think that BRZ'ers should look after themselves.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Something for Dan to consider? A vote? Would make some sense as they're basically the same car.
I'm going for thr GT86 myself. The 3 yr warranty and smaller dealer network have me shying away from the BRZ.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Yeah I don't have an issue with it either as it could be quite useful for both sides. Only problem really is the name of the site and if brz owners would think about searching / joining a '86 one?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan said:
Only problem really is the name of the site and if brz owners would think about searching / joining a '86 one?
Well, I've been reading UK and international Scooby sites ever since I took a serious interest in the Toyobaru, so I think maybe BRZ 'ers are doing the same kind of thing by checking out GT86 sites.
I'm undecided re. 86 v. BRZ and would be happy with either, but my local Scooby dealer happens to be a dealer for my current vehicle make (Fiat) as well, so the theory is that I could expect a better trade-in deal - but I might be deluded there!

·
Registered
157 Posts
You could try and get hold of a BRZ forum address, mirror relevant threads and then post a couple of fixed hyperlinks on the page so people can switch between the two sites. That way both cars have their own sites but there is a sense of community as they are both linked together.

Not sure how much effort it is but you could even try mirror over the member lists so posts are linked to both sites. Just an idea, although I don't mind signing up twice either way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts