GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just got orange edition and want to get some coloured brake calipers - anyone got any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Really? Yes, need to take wheel off. I used a nylon cup brush to get most of the crud off then the brake cleaner in the kit. Used an old envelope to keep paint off the disc!

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
Halfords Brake caliper paint is good,2 or 3 coats after a brush off with a wire brush,clean with brake cleaner then apply. What colour are you going for with your Orange?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I wouldn't recommend Halfords caliper paint. I've heard of horror stories where it melts and drops all over the wheels.

I wouldn't recommend any paint if you do trackdays as it'll burn, but if you must paint calipers I recommend Foliatec as it has a high melting point and when it goes it chars and flakes off.

·
Registered
199 Posts
if you have the funds then consider geting some calipers from a scrapper and send them to Bigg Red for a coating or find a local powder coater?

·
Registered
128 Posts
A couple years ago I painted mine silver with one of the Eurocarparts kits as the calipers both had nasty rust stains that I couldn't stand the sight of.

Lots of track days later using high temperature pads and the paint was still there. I still wouldn't recommend painting them a colour, it's a bit of an Astra GTE look.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think one of the problems with painting the calipers on these cars is that, as standard, the calipers look quite puny, so I am not sure I want to draw attention to them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts