GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my GT86 White manual yesterday and within a few minutes of driving I could hear a small clonk type sound each time I depressed the clutch pedal. When driving in traffic and having to stop start it becomes quite a nagging concern. Other than this the car is terrific and everything I hoped.
Called back in to my dealer today and the salesman and service manager both had a look. They then checked the other manual they had waiting for collection and it was exactly the same.
On further investigation they tracked down the problem to the switch which prevents the start button being pressed unless the clutch pedal is depressed. The switch is up under the dashboard inside the cabin and when he pressed the switch in and out it made the very same noise.
Waiting now for a new switch to arrive at the dealers and hoping it will be different when it comes or else it seems there could be an inherent problem with the GT86 manual cars.

Also going back to the dealers on Saturday to have the sat nav maps updated as I was alerted by this forum that they are coming through with out of date maps loaded. So thanks for that!

Wanted to show my son my new car today and picked him up at work and went to a pub locally for lunch. On leaving the pub I was pulled by a police car and breathalysed. Very pleasant policeman said he had seen me leave the pub and wanted to test me. He was quite impressed with the car and wanted to know all about it while I waited anxiously for the test result.... all sorts of things going through my mind like would I not be able to drive my new car if the test was positive. Having had only one bottle of cider I passed but it did give me a reality check that on occassions one might be tempted to have more than one drink and you never know if a cop car is waiting for you when you leave. Something to think about!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cheers for them two points steve, I will look out for them tomorrow.
No pun intended re cheers or points.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow - thanks for the update - getting mine tomorrow so will check that and get the husband to check the sat navvy stuff before I take it off the forecourt.

I was trying to think of an emoticon to use for your police man story but they didn't seem to have one, all I can say is phew that was close!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Phew - scary moment.

Does anyone know if that (noisy) switch is meant to kill the cruise control?

I've got used to 'tapping' it in various Hondas, but even if I give the pedal quite a poke,one is still forging ahead.

·
Registered
877 Posts
They all do the clutch click at low speeds, mine does it and both the other cars at my dealers did it (the demonstrator and and the showroom car with 0 miles) I suspect its a trait of the car and we'll have to live with it. Doesn't bother me now though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.