GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into my dealer's today for a chat. since i was there i thought i'd pop the question: when can i have it? delivery to the dealer's is scheduled for week 2 of December. so i guess that's anywhere from the 10th</font> to the 16th</font>. until today i would have said "doesnt matter since i'm not taking delivery until there's at least one 3 in the year" (and i'm not waiting until 2023). but my current drive just keeps acting up so now i'm thinking more along the lines of GIMME IT NOW.

anyways, got an orange manual coming, cloth seats, nav, rearview camera (read it and weep b*tches), NO supaguard (or Toyota Protekt as it's called here if i'm not mistaken).
it will roll out on winter tyres (which i still have to get, and i'm going with goodyear ultragrip 8's) on the original wheels.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and i'll add right now i'm very very VERY nervous when i read how much has been going wrong with the car. i think i'll just reserve a rental car for the first year so i'm not stranded when it's at the dealer's every 2 weeks

·
Registered
308 Posts
never mind the the problems obi,i bet you just cant wait to get it,the same as i was,lovely car with a five year warranty,and wait till you kick the arse end out,you will love it,ill be fifty next birthday,and im back to my youth again.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so took a gamble and contacted Toyota Belgium a few days ago with the question "WHERE THE F*** IS MY M*****F***ING CAR YOU A**H***S?" and they were so kind as to give me a date when the car should arrive at port. of course I was too keen so i asked my question before it even left the factory so no way to track the darn thing but hey, another tidbit learnt.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
went down to the dealers again, just to have a look at the ground clearance relating to a potential drop. it sort of had me worried since it's sitting as low as my evo is, but the evo has about an inch of rubber in the front so i'm seeing lot of scraping damage as it is on stock height, not helped by the front overhang being not really shorter than the evo.

also got an update on delivery, being a week earlier than anticipated. apparantly "week 2" means "the second week in which there are days", so since week 1 of december starts on a saturday, week 2 will be from 3rd to 9th december. so i now have a week less to get rid of my car. guess i'll just go around the secondhand places and see who will give me the best price

thirdly, it seems that interest is already starting to fade here. maybe that will pick up once the cars start being part of the daily traffic scene, but the customer relations guy said that they hadn't sold as many in the past month as it had been in previous months.

Edited by: ob1kxb

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not long until delivery to the dealer, but i'll take delivery in January, as i've said before. so that makes the wait a bit longer, a bit harder and a lot more painful

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's arrived, i've seen it. still stickered up and PARKED IN THE MOTHAF*****NG HEDGE... i'll be making a call tomorrow morning to see if they actually moved it...

also for those that might be interested: reversing camera WILL work. it wasn't installed yet, but when i go back it should be so i shall make sure i snap a pic or two. and in case i don't get back there until i pick it up in January (Protech treatment on January 2nd), i'll be snapping them pics shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
went back today. car still in the backlot, but no longer in the hedge, thank god. it was now arse first towards - but not IN - the hedge so it made a complete one-eighty
shone a light on it and as far as i can see no scratches but it was severely drizzling so can't be too sure. apparently the culprit was the lorry driver that brought and unloaded the car that put it there.

since i was there, asked if i could "borrow" the demo for the weekend (picking up saturday evening, bringing back monday morning) but as the sales dude wasn't in, the lackey took a message. should be hearing back tomorrow morning. fingers crossed. i really want to WOW the people at work at the Xmas party

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MY GAWD this car is so much fun
couple of nice pulls at traffic lights, a nice U-turn with the TC cutting in exactly at the right time to have me on the road nice and straight.
also never been so giddy for such a trivial thing as pushing a button to fold in the mirrors

I LOVE THE GT86!!!!!!!!!!!!! and now i have to wait about 3 more weeks until i collect my own sweet bundle of joy. be sure i'll be going for another nice drive tomorrow. f*** ROC

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
first piece of dealer let-down.

when i first ordered, i was told "there would at all times be a car available when my car is in the shop or if my old car is sold before the new one was registered". as it now turns out, i probably will lose the old car tomorrow so called the dealer to inquire if i could have a car until Tuesday when i would be picking up the new car. and surprise surprise, "someone else who ordered a GT86 is bringing in their Celica tomorrow, so they will be taking the spare car, we do not have one available for you".

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!! my baby is finally home. and how sweet she is. a gentle purr on the throttle, from time to time a little sidestep on the snowslick road, how fantastic she is.

and i know what some of you are anxious to know. i'll be trying out the reversing camera in the next few days. i've had a few reverses already, so i can say it works like a charm. now i just have to see what the limits are and how far the camera can actually see so i don't hit a corner when it looks like everything is clear behind

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
ob1kxb said:
I HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!! my baby is finally home. and how sweet she is. a gentle purr on the throttle, from time to time a little sidestep on the snowslick road, how fantastic she is.

and i know what some of you are anxious to know. i'll be trying out the reversing camera in the next few days. i've had a few reverses already, so i can say it works like a charm. now i just have to see what the limits are and how far the camera can actually see so i don't hit a corner when it looks like everything is clear behind
Update your sig so we can see how many kms you do through the winter, are you a Senna (is it run in yet?) or a Habu (up to 30 fuel ups now on fuelly) ?

Just out of interest has anyone got to 10k miles yet ?

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there ya go keelerad

oh btw, had a tiny bit of luck with the license plate, 1-ELH-586. ELH sounds a lot like "ela" (which i was trying to go for) which would translate as HEEEEEEY. together with the 86 in 586, that makes one sweet license plate (or am i being a bit too enthousiastic here?)

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
keelerad said:
Update your sig so we can see how many kms you do through the winter, are you a Senna (is it run in yet?) or a Habu (up to 30 fuel ups now on fuelly) ?
Alec
So cruel !

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Not only have I run mine in, I have had 1st service...
Edited by: Senna

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.