GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've replaced my front and back indicators with these (pics to follow soon).

I'm not sure abotu the side indicators. The manual indicates they are 5C.

Has anyone changed their side indicators? (the ones on the front wheel arch)

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Dave, the sides have a undeserved bad rep! Basically just follow the manual, really not too hard. Only bit that needs an extra explanation is putting the screwdriver in. There is a hole for it (use a torch if necessary) and lever it outwards. The indicator is on a kind of stalk as per the link Kodaname47 found. Enjoy, I'm loving the look of chrome all over, no more fried egg! Cheers, Peter

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did the back last night, then it started pissing it down so going out in about 15 minutes to do the front and side ! Easy as pie, to me long to get the bulbs out of the damn plastic shrink packaging than it did for me to install them LOL

·
Registered
329 Posts
clear lenses yes, but you can still kind of see orange in it !

Anyways, full set of all 6 bulbs i needed cost me 12.50 from HID's direct, so can't complain. and now I have spares for when I go to the continent :)

·
Administrator
5,798 Posts
Targ86 said:
am I missing something here?

my GT86 has clear side repeater lenses. But one of those links to the American car, shows orange lenses fitted. Mine looks okay with clear lenses.
It's the orange hew thrown out by the orange bulbs. It's the same on the front and rear indicators. You can see the difference here:

It just looks a little cleaner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.