GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally agreed as part of buying the GT86 that I would take my Mazda2 in on the 31st as car tax was due from 1st Sep and it is being traded in. I was planning on using my mx5 in the meantime whilst I tried to sell the mx5 and the dealer was going to give me a loan car once it sold. However the mx5 sold within a few hours of listing it so I am now car less and the dealer is unable to give me a car in the meantime as they have no loan cars available apparently. As a result I have cancelled the gap insurance which was being taken as part of the deal to save me hiring a car. So, I am now going to tax the Mazda2 and run it until MOT date and then need a car for about a week, can anyone recommend me a cheap and good hire company? I will be doing 600 miles approx.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My dealer has been great on this front, they loaned me one of their stock cars on their insurance as I have no car hence no policy of my own, the only down side is on the odd occasion I gets call that someone is coming to look at the car I have then I just drop it off and pick another up.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was meant to be doing but they apparently have nothing they can loan me at the moment despite the promises. This has left me quite annoyed but I won't make a rash decision and cancel the order out of spite as I want the car!

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
jimgreen83 said:
That's what I was meant to be doing but they apparently have nothing they can loan me at the moment despite the promises. This has left me quite annoyed but I won't make a rash decision and cancel the order out of spite as I want the car!

I think we're both probably on that loan car list with Lancasters. They said next week a few cars are coming back in so finger's crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.