GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Solwood said:
Looks like you are minus a stud on the Front wheel.

They look great, would never think it was the same wheel

It's the locking wheel nut, annoyingly they are much darker than the rest of the nuts. I'm already missing one locking nut anyway (back wheel) so I'm considering buying a new set which are chrome so they match the standard wheel nuts.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So almost exactly three years on and my wheels need refurbishing again. Amazingly, I've managed to avoid kerbing them...however, it seems that the wheels have picked up the odd stone chip, and this has caused the lacquer to start peeling. And it seems to have happened quite quickly over this winter. A little annoyed...I'd hoped that I'd only need to refurb them again if they got kerbed.

Nevermind. Decided I might give Rimtec in Meopham a try this time. And I think I might go for a more standard silver colour. I liked the shadow chrome, but I'd like to see how a slightly lighter colour works.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Bronze might look good on a blue car, but I'm not so sure about white.
And besides, I'm not very adventurous :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
White looks good with wide variety of car colors. But i'd never get it (and car in white color too) .. having to wash wheels every day is too major PITA

·
Registered
5 Posts
White looks good with wide variety of car colors. But i'd never get it (and car in white color too) .. having to wash wheels every day is too major PITA
As someone who has just replaced a car that had white wheels, please don't get white wheels... car never looks clean!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

41 - 47 of 47 Posts