GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

What common factors are there on cars with current issue?

• Mileage at first fault: 0-500 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500-1000 miles

• 1000-2000 miles

• Over 2000 miles

• Fuel used: 98 RON only

• Mix of 98 & 95 RON

• 95 RON only

• Issue after car is hot / driven hard

• Issue when car cold

• Revs - 4k limit adhered to for 1st 1000 miles

• Revs - 4k limit regularly exceeded in 1st 1000 miles.

• After 1st 1000 miles, did you redline the car regularly?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the cars with this issue currently, it might be useful if we can gather as much data as possible to then present to Toyota / Subaru as anecdotal evidence as to the factors surrounding the issue.

It's really important to answer all the questions honestly for it to be meaningful.

Some of the questions refer to when you FIRST experienced the fault.

The data could then maybe help Toyota / Subaru to identify the fix for the faults?

So in some respects it might be considered more of a questionnaire - but an important one.So ignore the 'Poll statistics' bit and watch the 'number of votes' column with interest...

The questions may sound leading, but this is certainly not to infer any blame on the car owner, - the car clearly has this fault in many examples and that is a manufacturing fault, not due to its customers, so please be truthful with the answers and add any other comment that might be relevant?

The final question I wanted to add was: What sort of driving were you doing when your CEL first light came on?

1) Open road, Motorway? or
2) City Commuting / Town driving?

Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I've deleted the other two duplicate threads.

I don't think the poll above will work very well because you can't select multiple responses AFAIK. Might be better just to create a sheet/table like in the common faults sticky.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys, - updated.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Thanks, updated the poll to support multiple selections. And deleted yet another duplicate thread.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kodename47 said:
If I'm gonna be picky, you've also got 0-500 and then 0-1000......

Not your morning is it Senna!?
Too much caffeine this morning!?

*EDIT*

You changed it as I was writing this

Lack of caffeine was the issue...It's OK...having a nice mug of Coffee now...

ONE MORE THING:

Does anyone know of a dealer with a car with this issue? Only I was thinking that they pretty much full-on abuse their cars and many of them are now building up a good couple of thouand miles on them... ?

Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lordgrover said:
Most of them have been sold on to the unsuspecting public by now, who think they're bought a low-mileage bargain.
Yes, - worrying !

But if the demo cars are not demonstrating the fault, maybe we are all being too gentle?

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
ob1kxb said:
so do you need to cast your vote one at a time? because i still cant select more than 1

Yes, I believe so. I've not tested it, as I don't have the fault!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've casted. My CEL came on in traffic, the car was warm and I hadn't redlined it beforehand.

What I want to know is - are people who ragged their car from the start experiencing this CEL/idle problem?

Edited by: GT86

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GT86 said:
I've casted.  My CEL came on in traffic, the car was warm and I hadn't redlined it beforehand.

What I want to know is - are people who ragged their car from the start experiencing this CEL/idle problem?
I was wondering this too, perhaps the data may show a trend, though it is vital that people are honest with their answers...anonymous, remember.

We really all need to understand as much as possible about the issue...

GT86, what sort of driving were you doing when it went wrong? Fast country roads or town?Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
GT86 said:
i would like to know that too, as none of the demo cars seem to be having any issues and you can bet those haven't been spared

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ob1kxb said:
GT86 said:
i would like to know that too, as none of the demo cars seem to be having any issues and you can bet those haven't been spared
I bet we are all thinking the same!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Senna said:
GT86 said:
I've casted. My CEL came on in traffic, the car was warm and I hadn't redlined it beforehand.

I was wondering this too, perhaps the data may show a trend, though it is vital that people are honest with their answers...anonymous, remember.

We really all need to understand as much as possible about the issue...

GT86, what sort of driving were you doing when it went wrong? Fast country roads or town?

Just sitting in traffic, before that I was driving it like the running in period (down the m1 for about 10 miles then sitting in traffic at brent cross).

·
Registered
202 Posts
Senna said:
ob1kxb said:
GT86 said:
I bet we are all thinking the same!

Yeah I was thinking this is well lol, the demo did not show any signs of anything. There are clips on youtube where they had a dealer toyota track day, I wonder if these have any issues.

Whats happening with the casting, just shows my votes only.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.