GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure this topic may deserve its own sub forum; Detailing.

Plenty of sites out there specifically for detailing but I think a few pointers here may be useful to some?

Can anyone with much experience tell me, is the following sequence about right please?

1. Wash & dry
2. Clay
3. Wash & dry
4. Polish OR Pre-wax
5. Glaze
6. Sealant
7. Wax
8. Detailing spray

I've used the order of products listed on cleanyourcar.co.uk as my guide.

I'm assuming claying won't be necessary on a new car for a while so we'd start at point 3 initially?
Is there anything known to be odd or unusual about Toyota paint/finishes?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I think the important part is the wash and dry as if you get this wrong you'll seal contaminants in.

You need to use a two bucket method with decent products.

Valet Magic's detail prep is:-

<ul style="margin: 10px 30px; padding: 0px 15px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px; text-align: left; : rgb243, 240, 235; font-family: Arial; ">[*]APPLY A CLEANING FOAM TO THE VEHICLE[*]LET THE FOAM DWELL FOR 5 MINS.[*]RINSE VEHICLE DOWN[*]WASH VEHICLE USINGOUR OWN PH NEUTRAL SHAMPOOAND WASH SHMITT (2 BUCKET METHOD)[*]RINSE OFF VEHICLE[*]APPLY QUICK DETAILER TO WET VEHICLE[*]USE CLAYBAR TO ELIMINATE BONDED CONTAMINANTS SUCH AS ROAD TAR AND TREE SAP
[*]RE WASH VEHICLE AS ABOVE[*]APPLYA DRYING AGENTTO WET VEHICLE[*]DRY VEHICLE WITH WAFFLE WEAVE DRYING TOWEL[*]POLISH GLASS[*]APPLY A ZAINO BODYWORK CLENSERTO THE VEHICLE[*]REMOVE THECLENSER RESIDUE[*]APPLY A TOTAL OF 6 ZAINO PROTECTION SEALANTS TO THE VEHICLE[*]BUFF TO A MIRROR IMAGE SHINE[*]CLEAN ALL WHEELS USING A CITRUS WHEEL WASH[*]DRY WHEELS[*]APPLY WHEEL PROTECTION SEALANT[*]DRESS TYRES[*]BUFF/SHINE TYRES[*]CLEAN/POLISH ALL STAINLESS STEEL AND CHROME[*]CLEAN / DRESS INNER ARCHES[*]DRESS ALL EXTERIOR PLASTICS[*]DUST / CLEAN DOOR SHUTS[*]FINAL INSPECTION[/list]

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
R32 GTR said:
I think the important part is the wash and dry as if you get this wrong you'll seal contaminants in.

You need to use a two bucket method with decent products.

Valet Magic's detail prep is:-

<ul style="margin: 10px 30px; padding: 0px 15px; text-align: left; line-height: 22px; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px;">[*]APPLY A CLEANING FOAM TO THE VEHICLE[*]LET THE FOAM DWELL FOR 5 MINS.[*]RINSE VEHICLE DOWN[*]WASH VEHICLE USINGOUR OWN PH NEUTRAL SHAMPOOAND WASH SHMITT (2 BUCKET METHOD)[*]RINSE OFF VEHICLE[*]APPLY QUICK DETAILER TO WET VEHICLE[*]USE CLAYBAR TO ELIMINATE BONDED CONTAMINANTS SUCH AS ROAD TAR AND TREE SAP
[*]RE WASH VEHICLE AS ABOVE[*]APPLYA DRYING AGENTTO WET VEHICLE[*]DRY VEHICLE WITH WAFFLE WEAVE DRYING TOWEL[*]POLISH GLASS[*]APPLY A ZAINO BODYWORK CLENSERTO THE VEHICLE[*]REMOVE THECLENSER RESIDUE[*]APPLY A TOTAL OF 6 ZAINO PROTECTION SEALANTS TO THE VEHICLE[*]BUFF TO A MIRROR IMAGE SHINE[*]CLEAN ALL WHEELS USING A CITRUS WHEEL WASH[*]DRY WHEELS[*]APPLY WHEEL PROTECTION SEALANT[*]DRESS TYRES[*]BUFF/SHINE TYRES[*]CLEAN/POLISH ALL STAINLESS STEEL AND CHROME[*]CLEAN / DRESS INNER ARCHES[*]DRESS ALL EXTERIOR PLASTICS[*]DUST / CLEAN DOOR SHUTS[*]FINAL INSPECTION[/list]
Then it rains...........

·
Registered
137 Posts
step 1: apply 'showroom shine' all over except windscreen.step 2: buff off.
Step 3: sit back and watch others go through 15 steps to get same result.

It may look like a gimmic on QVC but it is good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts