GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the difference (apart from the obvious) between a hard and a soft wax?

Ive seen wax manufacturers advertise ranges of both hard and soft waxes. If a hard wax sets like concrete and produces a high shine, what does a soft wax do?

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Soft wax = Easy & quick to apply but less shiney & durable.
Hard wax is opposite.Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems then a no brainer - use the hard wax.

Well if the hard and soft both cost the same money ie a lot, and your intention is to take time to make it shiney, why use a product that's not as good and will wear out faster?

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
...But the top quality waxes (Carnauba, etc) cost a fortune and take a lot of elbow grease.

I am going to use a nano sealant on mine, (Wolf's Body Wrap) it goes on quickly and gives great shine & beading of water droplets.

They also do a 'Hard Body' version which is also strongly rated by those who seem to use it.

But there are many other products to choose... have a look at :
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
9 Posts
Butski84 said:
I have just bought some of this stuff http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-476s-super-doublecoat-auto-wax/prod_207.html

Its supposed to be really hard wearing, the manufacturer claims that one coat will last a year, not sureI believe that though.The down side to that its supposed to be quite hard to apply.

I apply Collinite ever October to my car with a coat of Carlack 68 Nano systematic care/sealant underneath the two work well together and easily last through the winter. Just remember to apply it thinly and it's quite easy to work with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.