GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first outing to a multi storey car park today! wasn't expecting to get space all to myself but hoped to find a fairly wide one! Whole floor empty, result!! Activated the anti door knocking force field and happily went off shopping. Came back short while later to find car park virtually empty still but one car right up tight to mine! Christ they have the whole car park to play in but no they have to park next to me!Of course they couldn't help themselves, they were obviously so curious as to what my car was they needed to get a better look
!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
Yup. Has happened a few times. Came back to my car from Sainsburies today (parked RIGHT at the back) to find 4 people standing looking. With their cars parked next to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
Thats why I reversed into someone. Get it over and done with
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
But then you wouldnt have had the benefit of a bumper test!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Parked at Tesco's yesterday and used the disabled bay (there were others also empty) before I even managed to get out the car a guy parked in a disabled bay two or three spaces away came racing over(his wife was wheelchair bound before you ask how he came racing over!!) and demanded to know what my disability was. I could only advise that if someone door wacked me in a normal spot then my head would spin of and i would be disabled so my actions were of a preventative nature!! Don't think he was too impressed!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
yups said:
demanded to know what my disability was.
That's outrageous, no one has a right to demand personal info like that.


Think I'd have told him I had Tourettes and justifiably then,
told him what to do.
 

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
Joined
·
4,869 Posts
Angel C said:
yups said:
demanded to know what my disability was.
That's outrageous, no one has a right to demand personal info like that.


Think I'd have told him I had Tourettes and justifiably then,
told him what to do.
I say good on him! What if a few more people wanted to park in disabled spot and couldn't because you were parked there. It's as bad as making the little old lady stand on the bus. Shame on you! Park at the edge of the car park, you have fully functioning legs so use them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,526 Posts
i have a family and for some reason now one gives a [email protected]@t about parking in a parent and toddler bay but all hell breaks lose when we park in a disabled bay..why is disabled any different than carrying a new born baby in the rain...no super market cares about parents who are unable to park due a a white van parked in bay and yet if we park in disabled bay then they may fine us....nothing against disabled people as father is one but come on lets be fair about it....Supermarkets just do not care
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
GT86Owner said:
Angel C said:
yups said:
demanded to know what my disability was.
That's outrageous, no one has a right to demand personal info like that.


Think I'd have told him I had Tourettes and justifiably then,
told him what to do.
I say good on him! What if a few more people wanted to park in disabled spot and couldn't because you were parked there. It's as bad as making the little old lady stand on the bus. Shame on you! Park at the edge of the car park, you have fully functioning legs so use them.
I'm not suggesting for a moment that people should pinch disabled parking spaces. I usually do park at the edges of car parks and am quite happy to walk, I have never parked in a disabled space... my point was that regardless of who they are - No one has a right to come and demand personal info from you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,138 Posts
i would have said i heard a clunk of some sort and wanted to check it out where i had some room to walk around and have a good look. and i do need to go inside too but if i only move the car 20 metres, i might flood it and i wont be able to start it anymore. (like i would have with the rx-8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,526 Posts
Angel C said:
GT86Owner said:
Angel C said:
yups said:
demanded to know what my disability was.
That's outrageous, no one has a right to demand personal info like that.


Think I'd have told him I had Tourettes and justifiably then,
told him what to do.
I say good on him! What if a few more people wanted to park in disabled spot and couldn't because you were parked there. It's as bad as making the little old lady stand on the bus. Shame on you! Park at the edge of the car park, you have fully functioning legs so use them.
I'm not suggesting for a moment that people should pinch disabled parking spaces. I usually do park at the edges of car parks and am quite happy to walk, I have never parked in a disabled space... my point was that regardless of who they are - No one has a right to come and demand personal info from you.

Completely agree with you...politely ignore them and just walk away
 

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
Joined
·
4,869 Posts
Angel C said:
GT86Owner said:
Angel C said:
yups said:
demanded to know what my disability was.
That's outrageous, no one has a right to demand personal info like that.


Think I'd have told him I had Tourettes and justifiably then,
told him what to do.
I say good on him! What if a few more people wanted to park in disabled spot and couldn't because you were parked there. It's as bad as making the little old lady stand on the bus. Shame on you! Park at the edge of the car park, you have fully functioning legs so use them.
I'm not suggesting for a moment that people should pinch disabled parking spaces.  I usually do park at the edges of car parks and am quite happy to walk, I have never parked in a disabled space... my point was that regardless of who they are - No one has a right to come and demand personal info from you.
Perhaps not but if your in a disabled space with no disabled sticker then its different because your action effect others with disabilities at that! So I think its fair that he should suggest one shouldn't be parked in that space.

P.s. I know you weren't suggesting that and the response was more to yups
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
of course we've all seen the car parked in the disabled spot displaying a disabled sticker, the driver leap out and briskly stroll to the shop. Lets face it as disabled stickers are issued not only to disabled people direct but others associated with disabled people the whole system is up for abuse.

Or maybe consider the poor employee driving around and around the company carpark in the vain attempt to find an empty space, while daily there are 6 or so disabled spaces permanently empty. Dare the employee park in the disabled spot, in case there's a completely unexpected rush of disabled people??Edited by: Targ86
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,526 Posts
where i work you can see a constant line of how shall i put it ....chaves with disabled parking badges in their vehicles that are in no way dropping off ir disabled them selves parking where they like...got to love the parking warden who tickets them...now that is justice...

surely a happier resolve to the car park wars would be to make all parking bays that bit more wider so people would not then be tempted to park where they should not....but then super markets want as many of us to park as possible and do not care about car park damage...


i leave my car at home for shopping and take the wife's car and still park in family bay or at edge of car park
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My neighbour said this morning 'nice car'!, you know you really should leave it at home and get the bus to work that way it would stay clean!!!
hilarious!
 

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
Joined
·
4,869 Posts
Targ86 said:
of course we've all seen the car parked in the disabled spot displaying a disabled sticker, the driver leap out and briskly stroll to the shop.

Or maybe consider the poor employee driving around and around the company carpark in the vain attempt to find an empty space, while daily there are 6 or so disabled spaces permanently empty. Dare the employee park in the disabled spot, in case there's a completely unexpected rush of disabled people??
All very good valid points but the one time some poor guy that had his legs blow off in faulklands/Iraq fighting for queen and country wants a space and it isnt one avalible should outway all the people whom we think shouldnt park there. They deserve more than just a space in a supermarket, but that is out of my control, but what is, is parking in their spaces!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,716 Posts
I don't think getting into a debate about what disabilities are valid or not for a blue badge is a good idea. There are conditions beyond what you can physically see which are very serious to the unfortunate individual who has it.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top