GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

For a test of a GT86 from the local Toyota dealer here in Norway, we borrowed a GT86. Now that we "returned to base" with the car, we noticed we cant turn on sport mode or turn of traction control.
We pus the buttons, but no lights come on.

Tried holding the button in for up to 30 seconds, and nothing.

Any tips or advice?

Heres the car:

Edited by: Sviddgummi

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The sport button should work even when moving, press it once and two lights should come on on the dash. VSC and a "skid" one, just visible in photo near temp gauge.

To turn it off I think you have to be stationary and hold it in for 10 seconds (never tried turning it fully off yet)

If you have borrowed it from a dealer I wonder if they have disabled the button in some manner to stop you turning it off?

What sort of wheels are they by the way? Are they standard in Norway?

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
MikaelSE said:
Isnt that regular motorway speed? :p
Took the photo as it was also doing 57 mpg ( was a bit downhill
)

Normal cruising speed now on Motorways is '86

Alec Edited by: keelerad

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
a18ttc said:
Alec,
Why did you remove that pic of you doing 69mph?
Sorry about that I was rearranging my photos on Photobucket, that picture of me driving down an autobahn is back now

Alec

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Sviddgummi said:
Well nothing happenes when pushing it.

Also I notice that many lights on the dash dont work, not even the ones on the stereo. And I bet the TCR and sport buttons also should light up?

I dont get this..
You do have the ignition turned on ?

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
855 Posts
Svidd, just checked out your website, Picture of the day, best advertisement for the northen countries, damn cute girl, in a semi-fun car, but cant blamea 17 year old for bad taste in handling cars.. hehe..

Site looks pretty good tho, is it your own?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!

I run it, with a team of people. Its a Norwegian car club, also releasing a magazine next year and will be represented with team bus, team cars and so on next year at Gatebil.

Its one of the largest car clubs in Norway.

Sviddgummi means burned rubber.

--

Just got back from the dealer, and they said the shop has mounted some button that deactivates the "buttons". So im trying to find that button.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Coo, yea, i know what it means, just never heard of the club. I do know gatebil.no tho..:p Im danish, and living in sweden. Do we get a discount on membership? or for the meets u organize? :p hehe (Could be a reason to take the GT to norway for a swing, and see if theres a few girls a bit older than that SLK driving one... hehe)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.