GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess the answer is a 'no' but short of pestering my uninterested Centre every week is there anyway that a customer can check his own status? I have a VIN number and have a broad ETA of 13-18 September but that's it. I might just be a control freak who likes knowing what's going on at all times.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not a lot anyone can do. It's probably 'at-sea' in the system, and that's 16kts so it'll come when the boat gets to Bristol. Barring any shortages in optional parts it'll be a few days after. I guess they'll get an alert once it hits land with a ship to dealer date.

I'm in the same boat as you. (metaphorically, I'm still scheduled for first week :) ) has your dealer done 3 day insurance and applied for tax?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Habu said:
He's not mentioned anything about tax or insurance so I'm unsure.  I'm guessing my car might be on the Tombarra which is presently in the Aegean Sea heading towards Greece.  Due there in the wee hours of tomorrow.
To get mine taxed I was given a telephone number to ring Toyota Insurance along with a reference number for a 3 day cover note. This cover note gets issued to the dealer, who can then tax your new car.

There is no charge for this its done by Toyota to try and speed up the process. The dealer couldn't ring up for me, he gave me the info and I had to do it as the owner/person being insured.

They then arranged another 3 day cover note so the car was insured on the day I drove it away, again I had to ring Toyota Insurance and give them the ref no.

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I got the 3 day insurance too. Did it in the showroom. Took 2 minutes on the phone

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
My dealer has sorted everything
All I have to do is turn up and drive away
Excellent service beadles of Maidstone thank you

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
keelerad said:
Habu said:
He's not mentioned anything about tax or insurance so I'm unsure. I'm guessing my car might be on the Tombarra which is presently in the Aegean Sea heading towards Greece. Due there in the wee hours of tomorrow.
To get mine taxed I was given a telephone number to ring Toyota Insurance along with a reference number for a 3 day cover note. This cover note gets issued to the dealer, who can then tax your new car.

There is no charge for this its done by Toyota to try and speed up the process. The dealer couldn't ring up for me, he gave me the info and I had to do it as the owner/person being insured.

They then arranged another 3 day cover note so the car was insured on the day I drove it away, again I had to ring Toyota Insurance and give them the ref no.

Alec

Wait, so let me get this straight, they issue you 3 days of free insurance so they can tax your car, but then since you were collecting the car at a later date, they issued you another 3 days? If so, why did they do it like this? Aren't you losing out on a number of days being taxed but not actually having the car?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
You can't choose when to have it taxed from, its from the 1st of the month. This way you are saving having to get insurance arranged before you pick up the car, you don't have to use their 3 day cover notes, you could arrange your own insurance and bring a cover note in so they can tax it, but this way is less hassle for the customer

Alec

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.