GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
There's probably half a dozen that Senna missed out on in the 90's when Williams managed to win or almost win titles with good number two drivers like Hill & Villeneuve.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
en8wall said:
If you think about it, if Senna had lived he would've won 94, 95 and possibly 96 too.

It's fairly pointless speculating though as we'll never know what he may or may not have achieved.

Schumacher will be sorely missed by me. :(

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't hurt though, many have pondered the question.
I wanted Schumacher to win again even though he wasn't my favourite. He unfortunately came back to F1 at one of its strongest, most competitive times.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
en8wall said:
If you think about it, if Senna had lived he would've won 94, 95 and possibly 96 too.
Agreed.

Ayrton wasn't the cleanest driver but MS was DIRTY in a new and cynical way. Cheated in '94 to win title and tried to repeat it in '97.

His legacy is ruined by his arrogance, poor driving ethics and inability to accept that he wasn't still the best driver.
It was very unwise to return and I said so at the time.

Now many younger F1 fans will not remember his dominant days ... Just his poor performance since 2010.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Lauren said:
Schumacher will be sorely missed by me. :(
And me

Michael may sometimes play dirty but those are tactics that a lot of other drivers have used over the years and demonstrates an ability to think laterally. I think it also shows some real hunger and to a degree a slight aggressiveness to win a race/title that a lot of other drivers are or were lacking, namely David 'gentleman' Coulthard.

Look at some of the greats gone by and you can see a similar aggressiveness, but always in the spirit of competition.

Should he have come back to F1? I'm not sure, because he may now have diluted his legacy.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Tbh, how many on here have raced?

Let me tell you when you are on the track, if another driver goes spinning off, all you are thinking about is gaining places, you don't care about them. It is incredibly competitive and all that counts is winning. That's the point of racing.

When it comes down to it a driver only 'cheated' if they got penalised. It's the winning that counts, nothing else really matters.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I will miss him too. A great driver. So great in-fact that he ruined the sport for a couple of years by consistenly winning so many times many people said F1 was boring!
Edit: thinks that some of my friends still say its boring, but can't say I agree....

Edited by: malcolmgt86

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
SteveP said:
i've raced! He's amega driver yes he does play dirty but all the good drivers tend to play a little naughty! Look at Hamilton & Alonso - JB good driver the only world champ on the grid at the moment whos clean

I agree. I have raced too and without wanting to make myself out to be some saint, I adopted the Moss / Hill / Button style of no-contact and was still succesful.

Senna in fairness was a bit naughty but only drove like that on occasions when provoked by Prost/Balestre. Remember him NOT hitting Mansell in wheel to wheel action at Barcelona '91.

We need more of that.

In my view (and I have followed F1 since 1975) I would say Schu, Maldonado, Kimi, Young Senna and of course the 'new Andrea de Cesaris' (Grosjean) should all have their licences taken away for 12 months for poor driving this year...

Discuss!?

PS - Really pleased for Massa...he has got his mojo back (and his drive, probably)...

Edited by: Senna

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.