GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks once again en8wall - that's very interesting.
I see that the reviewer confirms that the BRZ has a slightly 'less compliant' damper set-up than the 86, which means that I'd be an 86 man myself - I'm getting really old now, but will stick with manual.
I had a 98 Jaguar XK a while ago, and I really missed manual changing (but I know 'flappy paddle' is quite different to the lever variety).
As it's such a rubbish day, I think I'll go down to my local Toyo dealer and chew the cud - I pray that I don't suffer a rush of blood to the head!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like you I'm going to be a Toyota man as the Subaru seems the more driver focussed of the two cars. However, at present i do prefer the front of the Subaru but that's without seeing either car in the flesh. The Toyota will come with a 5 year warranty whereas I believe Subaru only offer a 3 year warranty and 5 year drivetrain warranty.
For me I'm 99% certain to go for the auto version as I tend to do a lot of commuting driving and as I'm north of 40 I've gotten fed up with gear changing.

Good luck at your dealers, as i've already posted mine knows less than me about the car.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes, if you do a lot of stop/start driving I can see the value of auto -it saves a lot of strain on the left knee.
My visit to the dealer was quite interesting. I discovered that;-

- the insurance rating should be published on 20th. June.
- the first cars will be available for collection by customers from
1st. July (which is a Sunday, so 2nd in practice for many).
- demonstrator cars should be available at dealers from 9th. July.

Unsurprisingly, the p/x value offered on my car was unacceptable, so I'm going to remain a wannabe for quite a while yet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts