GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not everyday you track with a a Group C racer, plus championship ffCorse Ferraris. Brilliant day. Best bit ; F40 racer ( cockpit vid soon ) and (admittedly gash ) chrome wrapped Vantage racer.

Have done a very wet trackday at Bedford in the BRZ before and came back with good results.

Dry and warm today and perfect for Silverstone GP. What happened?

My findings
- quick in the curves, a shade off the Ginettas, which is praise indeed
- limited fade on standard pads, but I'd prefer a bit more bite
- NO understeer; you point and you go, you adjust and the car responds mid curve. Excellent.
- could use more power but it is no slouch given what you can carry through the curves
- car got plenty of interest
- loads of grip and limited oversteer even with provocation ( the better track car of the two??)
- some tyre degradation/melt ( pics later )

I love it and I'll love it more with 300bhp

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Miltek not available till 10th September, so I ran stock

I'm thinking more power, track focussed brakes, a shade lower, some 18" wheels with a correspondingly low profile tyre

All you would need.

Great to track a Subaru with track credentials.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, but i'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed the research

I'm quite interested in this bit:

ICantAffordAnLFA said:

As the brakes do look a little small for a car which is supposed to have track potential, but there again it's not that heavy. But it sounds like some uprated pads, potentially fluid and some ducts would suffice.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Martin F said:
Thanks for the feedback, but i'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed the research

I'm quite interested in this bit:

ICantAffordAnLFA said:

As the brakes do look a little small for a car which is supposed to have track potential, but there again it's not that heavy. But it sounds like some uprated pads, potentially fluid and some ducts would suffice.

They lacked feel a bit , so as you say, pads/fluid would help certainly.

I'm also going to get some 18" wheels; same width and a less tall tyre... certainly got some leaning on the Primacys as reflected by some melting on the outside edges.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had a quick look at the Prius tyres this evening and I think the fronts might be fucked.

Where I noted melting bubbles on the outside edge, post trackday, there is now cracking to the surface (3mm) which runs the full circumference of the tyre. Like an additional groove,

·
Registered
655 Posts
Tyre structure is too soft.

Get advans & stick to 17" BBSs.

But good on yer for giving your new car a right good ragging.

I melted the S2000's at Bedford & fell off backwards in true S2K tradition...

·
Registered
977 Posts
When's your next outing at Silverstone? I'm just down the road, I'll try to get along even if it's just to compare notes, but I do fancy having a blast round there.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sunday 28th October - GP Circuit

You are welcome to join me for a lap

·
Registered
977 Posts
Cool. No on-call, no pre-booked family outings, pass from the missus.
Is everyone well behaved on these events? I've been to a few of the cheaper ones were they mixed race cars and road cars. The guys in the Radicals seemed to forget it wasn't a race day!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.