GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a call from my local Subaru dealer, Carstins of Balsall Common (near Solihull) 01676 533145.
They have a cancelled order BRZ Premium(e.g. with leather)in black for sale. I'm not ready to buy at present, but this could be of interest to some impatient soul out there.
Simon is the contact in sales at Carstins.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops, that should be BRZ SE Lux in black - same thing really!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
If only I had saw this earlier, I would have stopped by to check it out, did the dealer tell you the price at all?

I actually stopped off at the Subaru dealers at the Cross Roads just south of Wellesbourne, popped in with my cousin (who's looking at getting a BRZ) and brother in law and managed to get a test drive, what was even better was that the dealer didn't fancy sitting in the back so said that we could take it out without him as long as I left my keys to my car....which we did

I started off in the back, sat sideways across the 2 seats (cos my brother in law is 6"7 which meant there was no way of sitting behind him)....not comfy at all, but then I got the chance to drive and without the dealer there, we did manage to push the car and I've got to say, it really doesn't feel slow at all, if anything, it does actually feel faster than my Clio but I think it's just because your so much lower to the ground, as for that, couldn't really tell the difference between the BRZ and the GT-86.

My cousin is now silly keen for one but doesn't want to wait 9 months.....this might just be up his street!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Woodford motor co have a WR blue se lux ( top spec ) brz in the showroom, for those that don't want to wait till March.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
They allowed to sell their showroom versions? They not under the sameembargoas Toyota?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
It's for sale, spoke to Steve, the principal about it today. They have a black demo too.

Top dealership.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Cool, thanks dude, I'll forward that on to my cousin!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Slip End Subaru garage (Luton) have a silver BRZ with leather for £26995. Dunno what model it is but it's manual.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keethos said:
If only I had saw this earlier, I would have stopped by to check it out, did the dealer tell you the price at all?

I believe that it's at list price, which would be £26995 (including the extra for the fancy paint). Simon at the dealers told me that the car would be back with him next Saturday - where it's going to be in the meantime, I don't know.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Further to the above, I enjoyed a test drive in a WRB demo BRZ from Carstins at the weekend, and was invited to consider buying it (at full price!) as I don't fancy black myself. I loved the car and was sorely tempted, but good sense prevailed after 24 hours mental anguish, as I'd take an enormous hit on my only 10 month old current car

So, I remain a 'sometime in a year or so' buyer at the moment, but my experience goes to show that opportunities to buy ex-demos or cancelled order cars are probably more common than I'd thought, and should increase as time goes on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts