GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

After much searching for a suitable practical family estate car - you know, for those longer trips (camping with kids etc), site visits (work) and generally a 2nd car to support my trusty Leaf EV (2013 with 130k miles), I finally settled on a BRZ!

Love it so far! Its a right hoot, makes the kids giggle!

Looking forward to figuring out how to get few bikes on/in it along with 2 kids (4 & 7) and a few days worth of camping gear >_< lol

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Will have a good mooch through the forums, already got my thinking cap on for some subtle mods as and when i find the time :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Perfect car for your needs. You’ll easily get a few mattresses and a stove in the boot. Personally I wouldn’t even bother with a roof rack, there’s so much space behind the front seats you’ll probably be able to drop the bikes in there.
She is a beauty - I love that colour.

·
Registered
BRZ (MY2016), Caterham 7
62 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on selecting the right model in the right colour! Not that I'm biased at all.

They're really practical though, surprisingly so. And comfy on a long journey too. You'll have many happy miles of motoring :)

·
Registered
2013 GT86
72 Posts
Welcome bud. Picked up my 86 2 months ago as my daily /practical sports car. It’s the perfect all rounder. I class the back seats as extra storage and the boot is pretty decent on them. You chose well! Enjoy (y)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Welcome. I've had an adult racer in the back with the seats dropped (and both wheels out). A quick Google turns up a few different options for bike racks. Practicality way better than my MR2 was 😃

I certainly find my car comfortable over distance (car is on 25mm dropped coilovers and I run stock tyre size at 32psi - handbook recommends 35 iirc)

Reactions: SH4RKY

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had the 7 year old question the rear leg room already, ha. He ended up in the front today, which worked well.
Need to find a slightly narrower car seat to fit into the front seat bolsters though (Currently have cybex m-fix sl). He was just boosted today rather than full seated so he could sit back into the seat better and away from the dash.

Checked the tyres and all were at 24psi. Bit odd that they were all matching but low, esp considering door post says 35. Corrected.

Tempted to do a full fluid change for everything as it's now 8 years old and at 100k, and while it has service history, I don't have the specifics of what was done, just the stamps.

Stock exhaust atm, so was quite reasonable at cruise on motorway I thought.

·
Registered
BRZ (MY2016), Caterham 7
62 Posts
A full fluid change and the air and cabin filters is a great idea and easy to do. Exactly what I did with mine when I first got it. The TPMS (assuming it's working) isn't brilliant about telling you the tyres are low I find and it can get quite low before you get a warning. 35psi is what I run as well, it helps with fuel economy (which at the current prices is kind of important!). I just had over 460 miles to a tank, 48.3mpg :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts