GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem - noticed it whilst driving at night. Occasionally if I just brush the brake pedal the brake light will remain on after my foot comes off the pedal. Have pumped the brake pedal a few times whilst stationary which appears to have made the problem better, but still occurs occasionally.

Am guessing its just a "sticky" micro-switch on the brake pedal but if anyone has a quick fix rather than sending the car back to the dealer would be much appreciated

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
The first test would be to identify if the switch is sticking, or if it's actually the brake pedal not coming all the way back up? You mention having to pump the pedal to resolve the issue - that doesn't sound like a switch issue.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point - could be the spring that returns the pedal (if indeed it is a spring that does this)? Next time it happens I will try "pulling" the brake pedal up with my toe... Will have a go tonight when its dark (easier to see if the brake light is on whilst driving!).

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poked my head under the dash last night and it seems a lot more complicated under there than I remember on cars like my old triumph spitfire!

Taking it back to the dealers on saturday for them to sort it, will keep trying to pile on the miles til then and get through the running in phase :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.