GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Had my 2015 model for just a week and having lots of issues with the alarm.
I'm pretty certain that the problems are related to the bonnet switch.
From reading various posts on here, I've realised that the rubber cup is missing from the underside of my bonnet.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Would be most grateful if someone could provide a photo of what the cup looks like - so I can replicate it.
Called in at my local Toyota dealer yesterday. Parts guy said he would send enquiry to Toyota as he couldn't find this part listed, nor a picture on the parts database.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you pop down to your local independent breakers yard, it's one of those parts that's small enough for them to probably just let you have for free! Or maybe something like £5 in cash, to cover their lunch 😂

In the short term, (as I can't recall which way round it is)... If you disconnect the sensor then try and lock the car, in an effort test if the alarm beeps at you.
If it beeps, you can just bridge the two pins on the connector to bypass the switch.
If not, you can just leave is disconnected until you have a new cup.

When you say you want to replicate it. Were you planning on 3D printing it? If so I can grab the measurements for you.
Thanks
I had already tried shorting out the connector, but hadn't tried just plugging the switch (this seems to have bypassed the issue) :)

No, I wasn't proposing anything as clever as 3d printing a new cup.
May play around with plastic bottle top, or contact Scorpionauto who supply the alarm system to Toyota.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A plastic bottle top would probably do for now, or just cable tie the switch down. Wil grab a photo of mine when I get home its nothing special.
Hopefully I've achieved a temporary fix by unplugging the switch.
A photo would be useful if I'm going to play around with bottle tops.
Thanks
So simplying leaving the switch unplugged bypasses it? Good to know!

I think I actually have one i'm about to toss away if you want it, covering postage fees etc?
That's assuming it's still attached to the underside of my bonnet after it's been off the car for 8 months! can double check on the weekend
Ok, thanks.
Let me know if you have a cup going spare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent photos thank you.

As mentioned a my post on Wednesday evening, I sent an email to Scorpionauto.com enquiring about a replacemt cup.
Their Technical Manager emailed me the next day with details of the part numbers, and told me to call their Sales Team.
Just spoken to Scorpionauto.com Sales Team and I'm getting two cups and insert pads (a spare set, just in case) posted out to me today for just over £11.00 including the postage. 😁

1 - 4 of 4 Posts