GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Took delivery of my '86 earlier in the week... obviously taking it easy for the first few miles! ahem...

Anyway noticed today whilst driving at speed (say no more) that the bonnet starts to lift...its not flapping around, but basically distorting a little on the right hand edge as you look along gap where it closes. I reckon it comes up about 5 mm.

Anyone noticed anything similar, should I be concerned?

Loving the car (Orange Auto) by the way

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Had mine consistently at 120; no flap or movement

Bit of a Scooby trait though, lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
I saw the same moving at the edge on right at speed recently.. Thought at first I'd not put the bonnet down properlyEdited by: StormLoaded

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Do what they did on the britcar 24 hour racers, fit extra bonnet clips if your worried

Anyone going to build a Toyota GB replica?

Alec

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All sorted now. Found a roll of duck tape in the garage. Issue seems to have gone away

Ok. So I'll mention it next time I'm in the dealership, see what they have to say.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
nickl said:
All sorted now. Found a roll of duck tape in the garage. Issue seems to have gone away

Ok. So I'll mention it next time I'm in the dealership, see what they have to say.

Thanks
Erm. Do you mean Duct Tape? Not sure what Duck Tape is.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Musketeer said:
nickl said:

Thanks
Erm. Do you mean Duct Tape?  Not sure what Duck Tape is. 
It is a US brand of duct tape, Duck website

AlecEdited by: keelerad

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.