GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW and Toyota have agreed to produce a new sports car in a joint venture as part of a wide-ranging collaboration that will also focus on fuel cell development, powertain electrification and research into lightweight technologies.

At BMW's Munich headquarters today, Toyota boss Akio Toyoda and BMW chief Norbert Reithofer signed a memorandum of understanding pledging to expand their existing cooperation, which was forged in December 2011.

Now the companies will embark on a long-term link-up that will include joint development of architecture and components for a future sports car. Although Toyoda and Reithofer didn't elaborate on details of that aspect of the deal, the link-up could potentially pave the way for the revival of either the Toyota Supra or the smaller Celica.....

More here:http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motoring/bmw-and-toyota-create-new-sports-car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good partnership! I'm sure more and more people are getting excited to purchase that sports car. I found out that they have many projects to be developed. Toyota Motor Corp and BMW AG are currently at work on a lithium-air battery design for hybrid and electric vehicles. The battery product will reportedly be more powerful than current Prius and eQ lithium-ion batteries. The two automakers are also at work on a hydrogen fuel cell system that should be ready by 2020, according to Toyota sources. BMW has indicated that a launch date for the technology has not been decided.

I read this here: Toyota, BMW team for lithium-air battery, hydrogen fuel cell

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think Evo magazine will hate the result

BMW 135 or GT86?
Silly world...

I think it is great news for technology but also good for the companies so they can take our money in the future also... We know we want it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts