GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i absolutely love the blue exterior colour of the gt 86 and thats what im ordering it with for sure. And i also really like the red interior. also on my last car the whole interior was black and i found that at long drives it made e feel a bit depressed, a bit blank. And the red interior will add a bit more life to that and it will be a nicer place to be in for me.The only problem i have is that i'm not sure if the red interior will blend in well/look good with the blue exterior.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Im definitely gonna get the blue exterior and i really want the red leather and red inserts but unsure if it'l look good.

Would love some opinions, and advise. Thanks :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Red and blue aren't the best colour combinations and if it were me, I certainly wouldn't be going with the red inserts option... you'd get away with the red stitching because that's subtle and wouldn't be as 'visible' from outside the car... you just appreciate it while inside.

I took ages to decide if red stitching would clash with the orange car, it wasn't until I saw that combination in the flesh that I was convinced it wouldn't be a clash. But blue car with red inserts would be a definite no for me. That said, if it doesn't glare to you then go for it, get the car *you* want.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Are you sure you really want to base a £25k car purchase on other people's personal preference?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Its true - your car! Idecided against Orange with Red bits, but Angel's car looks great.Blue/Red? Probably would decide the same. Black with red stiches looks great IMHO.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Youve already made me think clrearer. I think i would be happy with the red stiching only as its still pretty visible and its pure black. Does the red stiching come iwth black leather seats tho? or just with the cloth seat with the bit of red on the top side?<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
If you like both, why not just go for it, if "you" think it doesn't go together fair enough but if your worried about other people thinking it won't go then ignore them, your spending your hard earned cash on your new car, you should get it exactly how you like it. Plus it won't really matter either way, from the outside you'll just see the awesome blue and when your in the inside, you'll just notice the red inserts and not the outside blue (as much).

Just to help you make your own mind up, check this thread out:http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/order-dilemma-help-please_topic847_post12088.html?KW=blue#12088
and check my post of a youtube vid which has the blue and red inserts....though it does have the blue silver strips on it.....unless your thinking of getting them too

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I agree with Keethos, from the outside it just looks blue no matter what the interior.

What matters is what you want inside, as that's where you're gonna be!

If you like the red trimmed steering wheel, gear stick and handbrake then go for it

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a lot keethos, I looked at it and it looks alright:)
I decided on just getting the black leather with the red trim.. I went back to the store today and had a look at it and it looked really good and the red inserts are quite ambient anyway. Thanks for the help tho, much appreciated :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Have you actually seen the blue GT86 "in the flesh" as it were. It is a darker blue than some Toyota graphics show and a very different blue to the Subaru BRZ blue which is quite bright when you see it.

It's your £25k, so make sure your decision is made on known facts to you. Go and speak to a Toyota dealer. See what cars they can show you. Then go and speak to another Toyota dealer or two.

Then come and read a forum or two.

Order when you know exactly what you want AND what that car will look like. Then enjoy!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the advice targ86:) although I have yeah. I have seen pretty much most colours. Black, orange, red blue, white and silver in flesh and when it came down to it the orange was my second choice but when I saw the blue I was instantly hooked. My favourite colour is blue and in flesh the car for me looks best when blue. (just my preference of course:). And I went back to the dealer yesterday before I changed my order to june black leather with red stitching and I sat in a car with that exact spec. Loved it. The red stitching was much more ambient than I remembered so I'm very happy with it.
On a bonus too. I don't have to wait till late december because I changed to the black leather it's come one 3 weeks :) which I'm Very happy about.
Thanks for you input anyway to all you guys. It was definitely helpful

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.